“Very busy restaurant! ”

Osteria La Francigena
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Bolsena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Francigena - Osteria typical pizzeria. Restaurant in Bolsena to taste typical of Tuscia, with their true flavors in a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Our passion for the art of cooking with the simplicity that was once the custom is our best thanks for the friends who come to visit. Dishes of Tuscia and traditional dishes, pizzas prepared with Art.
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Getting in here requires planning and a reservation. Getting in the same night is difficult unless you know someone in town that can pull for you. It is easily the busiest place in Bolsena. The food was very great and the setting is wonderful. The menu is extensive so that it is easy to find something regardless of your Italian food interests. The crowd when we were there was made up primarily of Italian and German tourists. I had a great cream and sausage pasta primi that was unique and delicious among dishes I ate over two weeks in the area.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Nice location. Food is ok. Pizza not the best i had in bolsena. Be careful when sitting outside because some of the tables are not leveled.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Typical place in the old city reasonable prices. We payed easter lunch 6 people for 156€ and had a too much of everything.
Typical interior with two wine cellars crafted in stone.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

the pizza is excellent and that's quite a surprise considering the small medieval town where it is located. but this was not enough to win me over from the lackluster service. they seem to have many staff, but were so disorganized (or let's say, casual) that it took forever to order and there was no sense when, or if, the food would arrive. what did come was good, reasonably priced, and again, the pizza was excellent. They serve fare other than pizza and it looked good from what I could tell. But I can't get past the overall experience. As a patron, I don't want to feel that I am imposing on the waitstaff for reasonable attention. It's the fall so it's filled with locals and maybe they are not so interested in outsiders, and yet, it's a tourist town. And perhaps it may have been an off-night and it's off-season, but I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be to eat there during the high tourism months. be warned, or better yet, order pizza to take away so you can avoid the stress.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

We have had a good lunch at this restaurant earlier, Therefore we visited again today. Disapointed!
Unfriendly waiter that would not give us a help in finding courses. Ok, we ordered antipasti that we did not like. Blame on us. Ok.
The pasta was terrible, not cooked enough and not warm enough.
I tried to tell them I did not like it, but they seemed to ignore me.