“Lovely beach, a bit far out of town”

Hotel Restaurant Lido
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bolsena
Bolsena
“Lovely beach, a bit far out of town”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at the Annexe which is over the road from the main hotel and beach. The rooms are large, spotless and comfortable with the bathrooms particularly good. I thought that charging for WIFI was a bit much for a 4 Star hotel! Managed to move to Columbus in the town as it was part of the same chain. Staff very helpful organising this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Lido before it was fully open for the season. The advantage was that I had it almost to myself. The downside was that the restaurant wasn't open in the evening so I had to take my meals at their sister hotel, the Columbus, about a mile away. However, the room with a lake view from my balcony, the lake for swimming, the excellent breakfast and the peace and quiet more than outweighed the hassle of getting to the town. They don't have wifi but there was a computer I was allowed to use. The staff, although there weren't many as I was almost the only guest, were all very pleasant and helpful. I'd love to go back, but I might leave it until later in the year next time so I could eat all my meals there.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This hotel is a delight nestling in a beautiful green and peaceful area.We loved sitting on the terrace overlooking the lake watching the visiting ducks on the private beach.
Tthe breakfast was more than adequate with the added bonus of eating on the terrace We also ate our evening meals there, which varied in quality.
Our room wasn't large and the decor a little dark but it was well equiped, the bed was large and comfortable and we had a lovely big terrace/balcony looking out over the gardens and into the countryside.
There didn't appear to be many staff but those we met were friendly and helpful.
On arrival we were taken aback to find there was no lift.but we had to decline the young lady receptionis'ts offer to carry our bags to our room!
It would have been nice if there was comfortable indoor seating area to relax in.
On the whole a most enjoyable stay and we hope to return.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple