“Check Your Bill”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a great place, glorious setting, good food. But seriously you need to check your bill. Yesterday they added 8 euros for a glass of wine I had not had. (They billed 4 instead of 3). 8 euros I might add is the price they charge for aperitifs which come with snacks. The third glass I had with dinner, no snacks were provided and no discount either. They corrected the bill AFTER I pointed it out - taking off 8 euros - and then brought back the wrong CHANGE (less of course). I wouldn't worry but this is the second time this has happened. On another occasion I was charged for a full bottle instead of a half bottle. I rang up when I discovered the problem at home and they refunded the money but still ! I left no tip and wonder about going back. Who needs that stress?

1  Thank IviBee

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Location but not much ease
Food average
Service average
Style is good a very pleasant spot.
Call in for a drink but don't eat here, many better places with genuine friendly service.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great modern Italian food with a good wine list and a great panoramic view. We have been there a few times and were never disappointed. Not the cheapest restaurant in the area but really excellent food.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went here on the recommendation of our hotel, as it was described as one of the nicest and best places in Bordighera. After then reading the TA reviews we were very skeptical! In fact, our experience was great, and I would say that this is one of the best meals we have had in Italy over our last 4 years here!

We had the calamari and then the orata and the sea bass (the red snapper, or pagello, was out). The fish was so fresh and so perfectly cooked that it was amazing. On top of that, the local zucchini, which is a very special dish (trombetto?), was cooked perfectly with tomatoes and olives, all fresh. Really excellent!

Commenting on the proprietor, yes it's true that he is a bit intense, probably an A type guy. But he is running a large restaurant all day, with a few waiters, and he is supervising everything so he doesn't have the time or interest in chatting. But we found him and the staff very proficient, and with excellent recommendations.

We would most definitely return!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I took my Canadian friends there to eat lunch. The owner Mario is rude and the food and service were terrible. The only good thing about this place was the view of the sea.

2  Thank MadscribeAnnie