One week spent in the hotel - of a 2 weeks break in Tuscany.
Lovely hotel with a variety of pretty, rustic buildings - in a delightful setting.
The food was excellent - and there was also a great choice of Tuscan wines. This was a particular highlight for me, and eating wonderful food outside on a warm Tuscan evening is unbeatable! There was a fixed menu, but on certain nights they would introduce special local dishes. Scrummy!
The staff were fantastic. They were some of the best hotel staff and waitresses we have ever encountered - so friendly and so accommodating.
The accommodation was good. Everything you needed, but the bedrooms were too dark for me. I understand the need to keep the rooms cool, but the natural and electrical light was insufficient in the bedroom. No big deal really. If you need to use the kitchen, then take all the food and drink you might need, as there are only some teabags when you arrive, and nothing else. Conad in Borgo is a good shop.
The pools were great and I used the gym. Was a bit surprised that we would have to pay for the Jacuzzi etc. But the gym/spa area is quite small. One rainy day, we all had a massage, and that was really good!
We did some mountain biking and walking in the area, which was really good, and the scenery as you ascend the hills just gets better and better. For serious stuff, you definitely need a good map, as many roads come to a dead end, or you end up on somebody's drive! It's a lovely area of farms, forests and hills.
The nearest town, Borgo San Lorenzo, was a bit disappointing, although we found a nice restaurant there. The tax free shopping in Barberino was excellent. Florence is a 30 minute train ride away.
Really recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 27km north of Florence, in Mugello valley, a Country Resort furnished in the most classical Tuscan style where you can enjoy swimming-pools, tennis court, Tuscan kitchen at its Restaurant and you can relax in its Spa with Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam bath and Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Monsignor Della Casa Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monsignor Della Casa Country Hotel Borgo San Lorenzo
- Monsignor Della Casa Country Resort Borgo San Lorenzo, Italy - Tuscany