“amazing”
Review of Stelvio Pass

Stelvio Pass
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Bormio
Reviewed 9 October 2013

amazing road, i went innsbruck to bormio by stelvio pass ,many motorcycles on the road,excellent view.

1  Thank cto1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)
All reviews
in 4 reviews
"north side"
"hard work"

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Stelvio Pass was rated by Top Gear a the best driving road in the world. I did this in Mid September 2013 and was not dissapointed. The road is totally amazing and I doubt that there's anything that can beat it. Be prepared though that this is not a road you can fly along, it's actually quite slow given the closeness of the switchbacks and the need to watch out for cyclists. It was snowing on top when we got there and the place is a mecca for Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches. I just loved the experience, definately one for the bucket list

3  Thank GregMarshall_762
Reviewed 4 October 2013

What a trip! Having spent days in and around the Alps, we did Stelvio on my sons birthday. Him on a 2013 GS Adventure, me on a 2013 Watercooled GS! Trip of a lifetime, our fellow travellers has seen the pass before! It was good weather, at least on the way up, and the views were just glorious!
The ride was challenging, don't know if I would have wanted 2 up, but exhilarating at the same time!

A must do trip!

2  Thank bmwk1200s
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stelvio pass is worth the time it takes to get there, but in terms of driving experience i have my doubts. We went there by car, towards the end of the season and relatively early in the day with sunny weather. Although the landscape is great, and the route interesting, it is virtually impossible to drive fast in more than a handful of turns (out of the 40+) as it is full of bikers (and to a lesser extent cars). We were already on our way back by midday and the amount of incoming traffic was unbelievable so my suggestion is get there as early as possible.

P.S. Personally i enjoyed much more the drive to and from Stelvio pass through...Flüela Pass, which ranks on my top 5 driving routes.

2  Thank MintiF