“unfortunately lousy food”

Dining options: Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Wine and Beer
England
“unfortunately lousy food”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

for a town that is the "slow food" centre. Ambiance and staff were nice but the food was poor. I thought i should have been able to get decent seafood in italy, and only 1 hour from the coast but all we had here were pre-frozen seafood. Clams ok but my mixed fried seafood platter and seafood linguine were swallowed as quickly as possible(we were very hungry and very tired). Giant prawns undercooked. Langoustines tasted mushy. Fried calamari chewy and greasy. some other unidentifiable fried stuff on the platter just choked down. Restaurant was not busy at all during the Bra cheese fest. Should have guessed why. What a shame.

• Visited September 2013
Emiliana_Rampado, Proprietario at Ristorante da Emiliana, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear customer,

I would like to express my disappointment and my thoughts.

Cheese's Menu consisted in:

1) marinated fish, carpioni and fish salad

2) Gragnano's spaghetti with clams

3) seabass filet with vegetables

4) Piedmontese bunet

So, I really can't understand how could you taste linguine, shrimps and other dishes that were not on the menu during those days.
I can't reply to your notes because you surely did not eat what you wrote.

My customers know my work philosophy: I always try to offer the best quality and the freshest fish from our seas. I do love my work, that's why I'm really disappointed about your critics.
Have a nice day.