“Friendly and comfortable”
Review of Hotel Ambasciatori

Hotel Ambasciatori
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Brescia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel has easy access and friendly reception. Good (free) car park and lift to all floors. Cool (air con and shutters) and clean, comfortable room with large modern bathroom (shower). Dining room provides good food and service.
The Hotel Ambasciatori made us feel at home. It is a modern and clean building with free parking, an above average breakfast buffet, and free Wi-Fi in the rooms.
I will certainly suggest it to anyone who visits Brescia (don't miss the beautiful castle!) and makes a star trip to the lakes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights , the staff are lovely and the ladies in reception quite smily and helpful , the man I found abit sullen ... My room , nice and clean , bathroom tiny and the shower was even more so but it was not to bad , the main thing I noticed about the room was the fact the bed was like sleeping on cement ...it was way to hard esspically for a hotel 4 star , I had dinner in the restaurant one night very lovely food , the waiter was very pleasent and he made the meal worth eating ...the brekky was pretty good something for all, but I found the coffee not the greatest ...
On the hole I liked the hotel , but the sofars in the main lobby need to be updated , it's like walking back into my granny's lounge room and it just seems old and worn ...considering some parts of this hotel are much more stylish and sing louder then other parts......it's a nice hotel but more so , it needs to work harder to earn it's 4 stars I feel ...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in late March 2014. The hotel is near the center, walking distance to most (if not all) attractions in Brescia. It offers secure free parking which is appreciated
in a crowded city center. Breakfast is good; not great, but above average. Tip: don't drink the offered coffee but ask for an espresso/macchiato/cappuccino from the bar. It's part of the breakfast service. The room we had (for 3) was spacious and offered a beautiful view of some
construction site across the street :-) This was temporary, I hope. The furnishings and amenities were fine, though a bit dated. Overall, the hotel gives an impression of a place that was really top-notch in late 70-s and 80-s. However, there were no signs of disrepair. The front desk folks
were, with no exception, friendly and pleasant (I spoke Italian to them, so as to practice,
but heard them speaking adequate English to others).

The only disappointment was the so-called "gym". It's a joke... Sad joke because I was really in need of a workout. However, outside of peak traffic hours (smog!), there are some good running
places nearby, e.g., in and around the Castello hill.

All in all, a good value in Brescia.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had read the reviews of the hotel and some of the negative comments. Yes, the rooms are old and old fashioned, but the bathrooms are excellent. Opening the window and letting fresh air in takes care of the occasional smell to be expected if the room has not been used for several days. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. Two very pleasant surprises were the staff and the restaurant. I arrived after 2 pm on the first day after a 20 hour trip and wanted something to eat. The staff informed me that all restaurants in the area closed at 2 pm as had the hotel restaurant. When I explained my situation, the manager called the chef and in a few minutes he prepared the specialty of the area, a type of beef stuffed tortellini called casoncelli.It was excellent. I tried the same dish at other recommended restaurants (trattorias) and this was by far the best. I had dinner at the hotel one evening and the food was excellent - baked bass perfectly done. I was there for business but I had one morning free. The person at the front desk planned a walking itinerary for me that touched almost all the highlights of the old city of Brescia. I was able to see and visit in five hours the major squares, churches, and the Santa Giulia museum that is spectacular. The hotel is fifteen minutes away from the old city but it is a very pleasant walk. I did not drive so I cannot comment on parking but I saw other cars parked in the hotel's small outside lot and there is also street parking. But old Brescia is a walking city, one would not drive in it. A car would be useful for the many sights in the vicinity of the city and for going to the nearby lake.

Room Tip: Although I was alone I asked for a double room; it turned out to be quite large.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were pleased that that we stayed at this hotel. The friendly front desk and restaurant staff were a pleasure to be with. The rooms were large enough and were comfortable. The hotel is an older, classic European hotel with the charm that we enjoy.
The safe and free parking was definately a bonus.
We would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a really good charming hotel in the beautiful city of Brescia. The staff is very good, the atmosphere is perfect in all the hotel (lobby, rooms, restaurant). It's very calm. The room is very beautiful with a comfortable bed, good size TV, hairdryer, and very clean towels in bath. It's not in the city center but in a pleasant residential area and with the bus No10 or with the metro you are in town in 10 minutes. The breakfast is so tasty and it contain many salted and sweet choices. The only deficiency is that it isn't a whole grain bread. If I go to Brescia again I will choose the same hotel. It's really 4 stars experience!

Room Tip: Room 501 has a smart view to the Brescia Castle.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank S I
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Very good value for money , close and easy to access the Historical center of Brescia ,friendly staff fanastic breakfast , safe parking , free internet conection in all areas and rooms , rooms very clean with towels and linean change every day , we recomend this Hotel as a city Hotel to every one .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends