“Best Western Brescia”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Brescia
Malvern Wells
“Best Western Brescia”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013.
Room was small but as I only booked single rooms for my party at 62 Euros B and B per night, we could not really complain . Downside was the air conditioning apparently does not start until July, yet the room was very hot. I did not notice it but my colleagues were kept awake by the noise from the street as they had to keep their windows open.
Breakfast was uninspiring with a lack of replacement of for items running out.
No eggs of any description on the 2 mornings we were there.
However, all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and of a modern standard and the free wifi worked. They also provide free food in the bar, tapas style, in the early evening which is a nice touch.
Overall if you can put up with the niggles we had, the hotel is very good value for money, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kiryat Haim
Reviewed 7 April 2013

we just returned from 10 days trip in Italy, and stayed for 3 nights in Brescia in Best Western hotel. From the first moment i looked for the hotels in Brescia i had the feeling this is it, and i was right. The staff in the reception waited for our late arrival, with a welcomming and smile and help we needed. They also prepared a surprize for us - 2 bottles of wine for our 30 years anniversury day. The food in the restaurant was more than delicious, as the breakfast also. The rooms are so clean and modern and biggggg, thanks for everything.
Don't think twice - although it's not in the center of noisy city, it's location is great, quiet and close to everything within a short drive.

Room Tip: If you are a family, ask for the rooms for 4 persons with a private door connection.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Oxford
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I was here in a group and not all of us had the negative experience that I had.
So first of all, what are the good things. The bar staff were wonderful and hospitable. The public areas were pleasant. The location is good and you can get a free bus through the tunnel to the historic town, which is fantastic. There is a view of the castle from some rooms, but the actual location of the hotel doesn't allow for very appealing walks locally. I had an old, run down, very cold room wit broken appliances. And the reception had one particular staff member who was postively hostile. I had to go up and down to reception to try and get my heating put on. I couldn't call down because the phone didn't work and they never fixed that or seemed at all concerned that I was having to trek up and down. They changed my room for the second night and it was fractionally better - but not much. In fact, the photos I attach are of the second room I was given. The staff weren't particularly concerned about my experience and I was viewed as a bit of a nuisance particularly from one member of staff who was rude and quite hostile.
The bathroom was mouldy, the carpets were worn out and the walls were dirty. I couldn't use the kettle because it wouldn't plug in anywhere.
The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean and well laundered.
Breakfast was passable. Nothing in this hotel was exceptional and it needs to address its run down areas.

Room Tip: Ask if it has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This hotel ticks many of my business requirements - suitable location, ample free parking and free wifi.
I can live with the average breakfast, and not every hotel has to have charm and character. But it would've been really nice if the curtains in my room closed shut. I only realised very late on night one that something in the curtains or their track was broken, but i lived with the foot-wide gap. I told reception early the next morning and they promised to fix it. That evening they had done nothing to repair it, so I told reception again. Returning late from dinner they had done nothing again, so I slept a second night with broken, open curtains. I hope this isn't indicative of they way they treat other customer complaints and concerns, but it's certainly not an approach I've experienced at many other Best Westerns around the world.
In its favour, the hotel is only ten minutes from the most beautiful parts of Brescia's old town, with some lovely restaurants and stunning architecture.
And it's always nice to have a kettle in the room.

Room Tip: Given my experience of their customer service, make sure you are satisfied with everything in your r...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Tisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I was overjoyed by my stay here!! Arriving on a freezing winter day, the reception staff couldn't have been more welcoming. My room was divine - warm, quiet, clean, spacious and I like the eco touches such as the shower head that turns red when you've had long enough! A kettle! Simple pleasures... The restaurant was great too - the maitre d' was a true gentleman, (think he was covering for someone off sick), the waiting staff very friendly and efficient and the food - marvellous.

A very pleasant surprise - highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FrostyTedTug
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 January 2013

It might that you think that the Best Western hotels are not up to standard all the time but I have stayed in the Hotel Master and it was a real pleasant surprise.
The hotel is in the center of Brescia and you're in walking distance of the Dome (Duomo Vecchio is not more than 5 minutes), the Castle (The Colle Cidneo, crowned with the rambling Castello) and many more.

Anyway, the hotel rooms are large and very nice to stay in. Bathroom is clean and spacious. In the reception area there is a bar, during the stay they served all sorts of snacks which is typical in most Italian places, even petrol stations do this often so don't be surprised.

Downstairs there is the restaurant and breakfast. We stayed in for dinner because it was already late and also this was really good. You can park at the back of the hotel and if this is full there is always some spot on the street but watch the signs because in some streets you can park for free and some only after 11 in the evening.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Moisandor
masterbrescia72, Director of Sales at Best Western Hotel Master, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you very much for your kindness in wrinting your positive feedback!!
Hoping to welcome you in another future occasion please agrre our best regards!
Elena
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We had 5 rooms at this hotel during a recent Italy trip. No problems with 4 rooms but one had a non-working air conditioner. They did give us another room but as the original was connected to the room with our children, we did not feel comfortable leaving them alone at the other side of the hotel so slept in a very warm bedroom. Front desk staff were very helpful and apologetic with this problem.

Omar at the bar overstepped his bounds. This 20-something young man made sexual advances toward my girlfriend and I (in our 40's and 50's) when we tried to have a relaxing drink at the bar. He made it very uncomfortable for us so we did not stay. He then phoned our room offering to bring free drinks. Again, that was totally inappropriate behaviour. My son had to intervene and tell him to stop bothering us. The manager on duty did not speak English well so we had difficulty communicating our concern.

Room Tip: The adjoining rooms were very nice as they had a central locking door and an alcove from which the t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family