“It is a terrible hotel!”

Hotel Delta Florence
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Calenzano
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Rooms are small and smell like old and humid. I had to ask for room changes twice. The first room had a dirty chair, with a strange and disgusting substance. Then the other room had water leaking at the roof. It was a very bad experience for me and my family. The breakfast was awful I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thelma_C1345
There are newer reviews for Hotel Delta Florence

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We booked this hotel for a two night stay when we decided to drive to Florence unplanned.
It was cheap, about $75 a night including breakfast and free wifi, free parking. Overall, I'd say we got what we paid for. We had extreme good n bad staff experience at the hotel.

The hotel is about 10 miles from the city center (its in the city of Calenzano), there is a bus that takes about 35 minutes, and goes straight to the city centre, for 1.20 Euro one way.

The Good:
- Cheap, decent sized room and bathroom.
- Close to the Autostrada.
- VERY Courteous staff at the breakfast buffet.
- Somewhat helpful staff members at front desk, when we asked for a more quiet room, they gave us keys to a check out a couple of rooms without asking too many questions or getting irritated, They didn't care to offer us maps to Florence (we saw them handing them out to other guests when we were checking out), they could have offered maps and give us info when we were asking about busses and Florence.
- Free Parking, lots of it.

The Bad:
- Lots of tour groups that come in late evening and check out early morning, they make alot of noise, you'll get woken up around 630 AM.
- Very low level of soundproofing, The rooms do not do a very good job of keeping noise out. You can hear every footstep and bags rolling in from the hallways from your flood and the floor above!
- Wi-Fi does not work on floors 2,3 and 4. It somewhat works on 1st floord and works only on the ground floor int he lobby.
- The hotel itself is kind of in an Industrial area.

Food: We didnt eat at the on site Restaurant, but we've heard the food isnt Great.

If you want really good food, we went to 1950 American Diner down the street. The place gets PACKED after 8 PM, so go early. Hard to find parking there. The two women that run the restaurant are REALLY helpful and attend to you no matter how busy or crazy the restaurant is.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the 322-325 or 422-425 range, those are in the corner, less folks walking past your...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aztravelernew
Reviewed 7 November 2012

As with the previous reviewer we stayed here for the AAMET conference.
First impressions were not too good as the hotel is a little dated & rooms fairly basic but based on cost good value for money.
Whatever misgivings we first had were quickly overcome by the terrific attitude of all the staff & in particular Giusy.They bent over backwards to help us & other guests generally & to set up the conference room.
The food & wine was excellent at lunchtimes during the conference & the well appointed dining area off the main restaurant was ideal for the delegates & speakers who attended our Conference Gala dinner with a special menu for the occasion.The hotel is close by the airport & you can easily get into central Florence on the local bus.In the end we really enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Our room was quiet but guests near the motorway found it noisy so ask for a room away from there
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PeterXaghraGozoMalta
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights in this hotel as part of the AAMET conference. Although the facilities are quite basic, and the showers are a bit small, it is a very decent hotel. The food is extremely good and graciously served by courteous staff. Those of us who attended the conference were amazed by the range of wonderful food and wine served for lunch. There is a good selection for breakfast - but it is better to ask the obliging staff to make coffee rather than use the machine.

The hotel is not in Florence but the bus into the city stops right outside and costs only 2.40 Euros return!

Although the first impressions were not completely favourable, we all grew to love this slightly old-fashioned hotel, with its friendly and helpful staff - a hotel with a good heart!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Letchworthian
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Absolutely horrible! Staff can not speak any English and Italian. Rooms very small and uncomfortable. Balcony door was broken. Balcony with view of courtyard ugly. Small bathroom that you can not turn around! The cleaner burning electric fork. At a breakfast given us only some tables. We could not sit where you want. On the second morning I did not eat there. Well we had was just two nights. Highly not recommended

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Likia P
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Dirty rooms, dirty bathrooms, the beds smelled like dust, the carpet was filthy, the television remote did not work. Thank God I only stayed one night in that horrible hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rleon1992
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed in.

SERVICE; We were travelling through Florence and we needed a place to stay. It was getting late, so we saw the hotel and the 4 star rating on the sign outside and decided to stay there. I went in to enquire about the price and the man at the reception said the price ws 90 euros for one night. We took the room. There was another employee behind the desk too, so after I checked in I asked the woman employee how much does it cost to use the computer in the lobby. She said 2 euro for 20 minutes, at that time the man employee told her in italian not to charge me for the internet, and then she said that I need to leave her my ID or Passport as a deposit in order to use the internet. So I went back to my room and returned to the reception desk to ask to use the computer. The woman employee said it costs 2 euros, and I said that I heard the man employee tell her not to charge me for the internet. She pretended not to understand. I had to repeat myself several time. Then she tried to say that I misunderstood and that I was mistaken. I told her again that the man employee told her (right in front of me) not to charge me for the internet, She didnt know I understand Italian and I understood everything they said. I asked her what the man had told her then about charging for the internet and she looked dumbfouned. She kept insisting that I need to pay, even though clearly the other employee instructed her that I could use the internet for free. Since I really needed the internet, I paid the 2 euros. She gave me a card,similar to a phone card, with a pin number to scratch off in order to log on to the computer. After a few minutes, the computer froze and stopped working. I went back to the front desk to inform them, and the woman employee was very rude and said she couldnt do anyhing about that, and I cant get a refund for my card. After telling her that I want my money back, since I paid for 20 minutes, I should get my 20 minutes. If not, then Its not fair to pay. She reluctantly returned my money after arguing a few minutes. What did she expect? a 2 euro donation for her to keep? anyway, the i left and went back to the room.

ROOM; The room had mustard colored upholstry straight from the 1970s. The room STUNK like urine and musty wet carpet. It also had a strong cigarette odor. It was nasty. The bathroom was dirty. There were cobwebs in the window. Very disgusting. The matresses on the beds were springy and OLD, I would guess they were probably using the same matresses from the 1970s. The room had no peephole to see to the corridor. This hotel made me feel like I took a step back in time to the 1960s-1970s.

FOOD: Poor selection of dried pastries, fruits with flys circling around them, tasteless cereal and lots of bread. Bad selection. Crowded and noisy dining room.

When I went to check out the next morning, the same rude employee woman from the previous night was at the reception desk. She told me that she went to check the computer after I left last night, and that I used the computer for 10 minute and therefore I I owe her 1euro because I used 10 minutes of the internet. I told her that the internet stopeed working after a few minutes, definately NOT 10 minutes. Then she said that if I dont pay her that the cost would come out of her pocket. I told her I wanted proof that I used it that long. She did not have any proof and diverted the conversation saying that I owe her 1 euro. I asked her is she was the manager. She said no, then I asked to speak to the manager to resolve this. She was SO RUDE, ABRUPT, and AWFUL. She claimed the manager wasnt there, so I asked what the name of her manager is so that I can call and speak to him or her later about this. She refused to tell me the name of the manager ( I didnt get her name either, she had brown frizzy hair and looked in her 40s or 50s). Then she started saying that its an outside company that provides the internet service, not the hotel (denying responsibility), I asked what was the name of the company, and she ignored my question and said that she doesnt know and that someone from Florence comes and drops off those pin cards for the internet. Funny how she doesnt know anything. I told her then she should tell them to fix the computer and not try to rip tourists off by taking thier money for a service that they dont provde. Makes sense, doesnt it? The she said that she is "superior" and kept saying that she is "superior", whatever the hell thats supposed to mean. And that she was done talking about it, then she said fine that the hotel wlll lose the 1 euro, and thats it. Such terrible service. Aruging over 1 measly euro. Trying to scam me out of my money AFTER the other man employee told her not to charge me anyhing to use the internet. Guess she was pist she couldnt get any money from me. Plus she didnt give me a receipt for the phone card when I paid for it. Shady.

I was very displeased with this hotel and the service of that woman at the front desk. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calenzano
Hotel First
#1 of 8 in Calenzano
Hotel 500 Firenze
Hotel 500 Firenze
#2 of 10 in Campi Bisenzio

Been to Hotel Delta Florence? Share your experiences!