“No pizza at the Pizzeria!”
Review of Hotel Laurin

and 1 more site!
Hotel Laurin
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Canazei
London, United Kingdom
“No pizza at the Pizzeria!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Located in the main street in Canazei (Canazei is about 20 miles west of Cortina), a self proclaimed bikers' place, the Laurin does a nice selection of basic salads and main courses. It is also a pizzeria although sadly when we arrived (12:30 mid week in October) no pizzas were available. Sitting outside in the sun, watching and listening as the bikes roared past, was a lovely way to pass the time. Two carpaccio with rocket and parmisan helped too. Very tasty and a decent cappuccino. The toilets in particular are worthy of mention, modern, spacious and well appointed, especially with an interesting selection of condoms! Lunch for two €44 which again seems expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PassportTours P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I can't fathom how this place would get a bad review. It was reasonably priced, had very nice rooms with spectacular views across the road (if you were at the front), and the people were friendly and helpful. We arrived on motorcycle just as the kitchen was to close. The proprietor asked if we had eaten; when we said no he insisted the kitchen would stay open, but apologized as the pizza oven was already cooling. I had one of the most delicious pastas I've ever eaten in the restaurant - butternut squash tortellone. Great atmosphere, nice place to people watch as it's right on the main street. I would stay again in a second.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzuki267
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 27 September 2012

we arrived to laurin hotel after a very long day and from the first second we enjoyed from the warm atmosphere and the kindness of the staff.
the room was big, clean and well designed. for dinner, we decided to check the hotel restorat... it was a pretty good choise... great lasanga (the steak is notrecommrnded) and great service.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tali g
Moscow
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We (my wife, me and our son 24 yo with a girlfriend) stayed here for two weeks, starting from December 31 till January 14.
At first I'll say about what I dislike at the hotel (not too much things and not too emotionally): breakfast and New Year Eve.
But having traveled enough in winter Italy I must say that it was again is in the title for this review: we had expected this. So when I say that I "dislike" smth in this hotel I just mean that I expected this and got no positive surprise.
What was better than we expected: room quality and size and ESPECIALLY bathroom big enough to move here and there. Welness area - EXCELLENT! FREE undeground paking - but sometimes it was not easy to find a place (especially when we came back at 1 am from shopping), nevertheless we managed every time.
A very nice pizzeria at the ground floor is worth to mention separately. They make a very excellent pizza (try Margharita with double cheeze) and their attitude to clients is exceptional.
There is one lady have to be mentioned separately - Jovanna. She is a concentarated and square doubled meaning of words "hospitality", "service" and whatsoever, everybody may add what is important to him and will hit 100%.
Hotel location is very good - on Streda Dolomites but absolutely no noisy, there is a nightclub infront, a few shops with sport apparel and supermarket , and there is just 600 meters to Ski lift. So everything is at hand.
I definitely recommend this hotel for those seeking a guaranteed satisfaction at 3 star hotel for average price.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Divex
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Stayed here half term week. Very comfortable good size room with fridge and safe which are always a bonus. The public rooms are not as nice as the bedrooms, but then you would not spend much time in them anyway. Interesting array of small birds in cages mingled with pot plants in the reception area. I do not think that many English stay here so communication may be a bit of a problem. No English speaking channels on the tv. I liked the location in the middle of the town. A 7 minute walk to the lifts but this was not a problem as we left all our boots etc opposite the lifts at Northland Ski which were excellent. The food was quite good in the evening and the hotel were accommodating with one of our party who was vegetarian. Hotel states that most of the rooms have a balcony but charge extra if you request one. I had booked 5 rooms for our party and decided I would pay the extra for myself and husband to have a balcony as I do love to walk outside and stare at the mountains. I should not have bothered - we paid another £100 for the week for a flat roof to walk out to with kitchen extractor fans for a view! I imagine if you were a smoker this would be ok but I was really disappointed, especially as those who did not have balconies had nicer rooms than us. So beware if you are tempted to book a balcony room. Still, I quite liked the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MyMabel
Ljubljana
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Friendly and helpful hotel stuff, very nice turkish spa, authentical and good food (halfboard), clean rooms (recently renovated), good experience and value for money if you come for skiing and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlsonPatajec
Netherlands
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We just returned from one week in Canazei. The hotel is very comfortable, with big and clean rooms. Breakfast and food in general is great, served by Giovanna who is really amazing! There is also a little spa, with jacuzzi, steambath and sauna.
If anything, the hotel is not v. close to the ski-lift, although there is a bus stop not too far from the hotel. We didn't really mind walking with all the ski stuff, but for other people it might be a problem.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family