US$95
  • Breakfast included
US$69
US$64
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$130
US$76
US$70
US$53
1,355 results
All reviewstrain stationperfect locationrainforest showerper dayfew stepsgreat showerlighting systemhigh techlimited menuroom was largenice hotelrisottobeautiful palacepaid parkingshort staypleasant surpriseclean rooms
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The location is obviously a massive draw - very near to the stations, five minutes' walk near, and about the same to the Reggia. But this is a very good hotel even if it were less well located. From the outside it is perhaps nothing special, and the immediate surroundings (the gas station, say, or the underpass) are not particularly appealing, but the hotel has been extensively refurbished, with a novel card key system and lights that I haven't seen before, and the rooms are, by European standards, large. The a/c is excellent, and the safe very easy to use (this is not a given!). The bathroom has a very good shower, and the general upkeep is impressive. The breakfast buffet is plenty good enough - not massive, and as a vegetarian I'd prefer the cheese separate from the conducts and a separate spoon for the scrambled eggs... - but more than what I expected. I didn't eat dinner here, but it looked a reasonable menu if you didn't feel like walking to the many pizzerias and trattorias. There could be some noise from the street depending where you are, but it quietens down quickly enough and the soundproofing is good. There's honestly not a lot to be critical of, and much to praise: it's very comfortable with very friendly staff, and looked to me to be run very well. Easy to recommend.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank GnasherGRR
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Hotel is located just minutes away from the station so very convenient if you travelling by public transport. Also next to the Royal Palace and city centre.
Check in took some time as two receptionists were helping group of tourists but receptionist was very polite and efficient. Room was adequate - enough for myself and my son. Bathroom very spacious. Some modern touches in the room like light controls and rainforest shower.
I asked receptionist for bus timetable to get to the airport next day but after checking for quite some time she wasn't able to tell me which bus was departing on Sunday. As I was travelling in the morning and couldn't get any information felt like I had no option but to get a taxi (cost 50 euros). I've ordered room service - rather limited menu and felt a bit pricy for what is was however service was lovely.
Continental breakfast was a bit limited. Check out was fast. Wi-Fi very poor, I had no access in my room.
Overall hotel is in good location but very basic. If you there for a short stay it's very adequate.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The main advantage of this hotel is that it is located a few steps from the Royal Palace of Caserta. Minimalist design. Clean rooms. Service is common for hotels of this class.
Breakfast is more than modest.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Royal C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Royal Caserta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear Sir,

thank you for the time you spent on this review and we hope to see you as soon as possible again.

Best Regards
Customer Service
Rosa

Reviewed 14 May 2017

As someone who travels from time to time through Italy, I am used to small rooms, limited amenities, etc.
This place is not one of those locations.
The room was large enough, even more than usual, with a comfortably located round table and chairs in its midst. Amenities are various and sufficient.
The working desk is broad and useful.
They have smoking rooms, and they do not smell bad at all due to good air circulation.
The view I have had was magnificent; I could see a large part of the royal palace. Speaking of which, it was 1st of May and turns out that on this day there is free admittance into the palace, creating endless lines of visitors, blocking the parking lot of the hotel, the car park next to it ("Tetris" is its name). I was left only with parking in the adjacent underground parking lot, below the park, which cost me 20 EUR per day. Too bad. Other than that, it is a precious place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The Hotel Royal Caserta is conveniently located just around the corner from the train station, and across the street from La Reggia. I had stayed here many years ago when this hotel was called the Jolly. Upon my stay last month in March, 2017, I pleasantly found the hotel to have been completely renovated with beautiful furnishings and a large, modern bathroom with some fancy added touches, like being able to control the TV volume from the bathroom, a rainforest shower head, a heated towel rack, etc. Our stay here was wonderful, and the front desk staff was very helpful. A free continental breakfast was included with our stay, which included eggs, salami, cheese, danish, etc. We ate dinner here on the first night as we had been traveling all day and were too tired to venture out for dinner. The in-house restaurant has a limited menu, the portions are small, and the food is expensive. I loved the hotel and will definitely stay here on future visits to Caserta, but next time I'll probably find another place to have dinner.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple