Stayed in August last year but feel I need to tell people the truth.. It was a last minute reservation - turned out an almost disaster! The whole place has nothing to do with the Tuscany - or even Italy! (If you know the real Tuscany; I got married in Siena and been back and around every year since..) Was full by pictures of pine forest - just to discover that it is full of camping sites; so going for walk was not an option.
Booked the best suite - to discover upon arrival that it smells the cat's urine! Nothing else was available so had to suffer for the whole week with 3 kids for ridiculous money; had to throw some shoes/ bags away. The staff was sorry, tried to clean/ parfume - nothing worked. Bad!
The resort itself (can t call it so thought) is situated in the middle of the cheapest holiday destination you can imagine. Just a few hundred meters away a caravan parking; busy street full of budget holiday makers runs in front of the hotel. Food - terrible! And no decent restaurants nearby. Unless you drive for a while. Tiny pool; unheated - since a bit chilly. Top terrace so romantically described by the first-timers is small, nothing special , evenings are disaster with a very loud music keeping EVERYONE in the hotel awake until at least 11pm (good luck putting small kids to sleep!) . Tiny kids playground was totally abandoned until we complained, then someone appeared to move some leaves around.. getting kids into the kids pool was not an option. Cant think of a good rooms - may be some on the back but they face the gate with everyone arriving.
To be fair, the stuff was truly wonderful. Untrained, over- worked with clearly insufficient head count, but doing the best they could. NIce, smiley, responsive. But totally unable to help in major issues.
The only positive element - the SPA. I am the SPA junckie and should honestly say they have probably the best personnel I have ever seen. Excellent treatments, try the massage under the running sea water or sea bed; the cranoterapy lady has absolutely fantastic hands.. Reasonable facilities . If you happen to land in this resort, at least get the best out of it by going to SPA every day; its worth it.
Needless to say, nothing for kids. The beach is nothing special - and borders overcrowded public beaches on both sides. Do not believe anyone claiming it is 5 star resort in the best Tuscany location - sorry, they clearly are not familiar with either...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Spa Hotel with a thalasso terapy center with inside 5 heated sea water pools . Directly on the sea , the beaches and the vineyards of Bolgheri . Wellness and pure relax for all seasons . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tombolo Talasso Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tombolo Talasso Hotel Castagneto Carducci
- Grand Hotel Castagneto Carducci
- Grand Resort Tombolo Talasso