I cannot begin to describe how incredible the land, the property, the food and most importantly the hosts are at Time in Tuscany!!
The Owners, Alvina and Umberto have taken such care in restoring and renovating the buildings and the grounds. The accommodation is delightful and Tuscan in every way, the views from the windows and balcony's are breathtaking and it can all be enjoyed with a brilliant glass of wine (can be brought from the owners) that has come from the vineyard on the property. If you are lucky enough, you might get to sample the nuts, fresh fruits/vegetables and other alcohols all a product of this well nurtured land.
Alvina and Umberto are all your google functions for this area. If you want the best sausage, best prices at the supermarket or info on the local donkey races they will know it all!
Three things to note:
1. I only stayed 3 nights...it is definitely NOT enough time to take it all in. You need at least 1 week if not 2!
2. Finding the property the first time can be a little tricky but stick with it because the rewards are incredible
3. Alvina and Umberto are very warm, welcoming and love a good chat but they are not nosy in the slightest. There is more than enough space to relax, unwind and set your own schedule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Podernuovo includes 3 villas, two of which are available for rental, both with two double bedrooms and two bathrooms, kitchen and lounge area plus laundry and lockup garages. The large outside portico areas with barbecues overlook the vineyard and provide views to the nearby hilltop towns. These villas have recently been restored, using the original stone, hand made rooftiles and chestnut beams, maintaining their rustic style. Both have furniture made by local craftsmen using chestnut timber grown in the area. ... more less