- The view from our balcony was nice – you could see Capri and Mount Vesuvius in the far distance. The other two blocks of apartments looked on to trees and/or bushes so I think we had the best deal.
- The gardens were pretty and well looked after and the large pool area kept clean – although there was a big cracked step leading into the pool which they really need to fix.
- the owners were friendly and approachable.
- Generally the apartment was clean. The air-conditioning kept the place nice and cool in the summer heat.
- The interior of the apartment was dark and bare with only essential furniture and hospital-like lighting. There wasn’t a single picture on the walls or anything to make it feel cosy or welcoming.
- There were no comfortable chairs to sit on, only the wooden kitchen chairs and one 2-seater sofa with a cloth thrown over it which had seen better days. There were no cushions for any of the outside seats on the balcony.
- The mattress on the bed was hard and uncomfortable – it was a relief to get up in the morning and escape from it
- the only communal area is the small kitchen / diner which is a bit claustrophobic for 4 people living together but OK if you’re out sight-seeing every day or lying by the pool.
- The car park is narrow and on a steep hillside. When the car park is full only small cars can easily get in and out of the gated residence as there is not enough room for a 4-door saloon to turn around in the car park. Every day presented a new challenge in trying to reverse the car up the steep hill without burning the clutch out.
- There is a very busy main road at the bottom of the hill with constant traffic noise day and night, therefore not suitable for anyone looking for complete peace and tranquillity.
The owners obviously make an effort with the garden and pool area but the place is let down by the apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Parco Bouganville is located above Santa Maria di Castellabate, about 900 meters from the seaside, with a panoramic view of the sea. All apartments include a large living room with kitchenette and satellite TV, one or two bedrooms, a bathroom with shower and a large terrace or garden overlooking the sea. In addition, the residence offers a large swimming pool (16*7 meters), Internet access, automatic gate opener, parking within the complex, a common picnic area and a barbecue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Residence Parco Bouganville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.