“Perfect venue for wedding reception”
Review of Cantina Belvedere

Cantina Belvedere
Ranked #6 of 121 Restaurants in Castellabate
Price range: US$41 - US$57
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had our wedding reception here on 18th July 13 & it was perfect. Fiore the owner made us feel very welcome and his staff looked after us very well. The food was delicious, bursting with flavours and they provided gluton free dishes for some of our guests. We had a fabulous table on the terrace with stunning views. We have some amazing photos, especially the ones with the sunset! I would definately recommend this restaurant - for it's spectacular views but more importantly for its delicious food!

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Impressed by the great view we were then disappointed by the unfriendly service. The dishes we had were ok but not remarquable. We were not asked if we would like a desert or a coffee but just ignored until we asked for the bill. During our whole trip in Cilento we never made such an experience and were always treated in a very friendly way.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Cantina Belvedere is a fantastic restaurant situated on top of Castellabate, a gorgeous small village in the heart of Cilento.
as soon as you get there you can witnesses to one of the best view ever: from the terrace you can see a fantastic view of the sea below! and the sunset is just something of spectacular.
and the food really reflect the amazing view i was looking at.
we had dinner on alfresco terrace: the atmosphere was perfect.
we ordered two starters to share of raw fish with king prawns and scampi, thin sliced tuna fillet served pink. the food was very tasty and full of flavour. and the presentation was very detailed.then we had pasta, of course: lobster linguine.... sublime!! you could feel that the fish was really fresc. as a dessert we had a pear and chocolate tart with ricotta, and was really delicious. the staff was very friendly and courteous, providing a very good standard of service.
the owner was going table to table asking about the food and chatting with the customers. he approach our table and we have a nice chat:Fioravante , the owner, is a scuba diving instructor who loves the sea and has a great passion for his job, whic is running together with his wife Silvia, head chef of the restaurant. what a great couple...
on my opinion this is one of the best resturant in the area:special location and great hospitality.
we had such a good time there that im sure we will be back very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I was introduced to the Cantina Belvedere Restaurant by my friend Michelle when I popped down to Santa Maria di Castellabate last year. It is somewhat hidden from the main Castle location. You walk down some steps to the entrance of the restaurant and you are greeted by an mondern interior with an eclectic mix of nautical items, black and white photography and musical instruments. There is a spacious bar area and equally impressive selection of wines. The alfresco terrace with the view over Santa Maria di Castellabate is memorable and is enough to make you return, which I did with my husband; we again met up with Michelle and this time enjoyed a wonderful evening meal, the ambience was perfect, the weather was still warm, with a cool breeze. We ordered a lamb and fish course, the flavour, presentation and service was of the highest standard, really really enjoyable. The desserts were to-die-for, for me the pear and ricotta tart was sublime. We met the owner and his wife who is the chef both are so welcoming and take great pride and pleasure in their restaurant.

Based on my first visit I recommended the Cantina Belvedere to a group of UK visitors who were doing an exended day trip from Sorrento, the text i received was to tell me they adored the location and hospitality. I have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant. There is definitely something special about Cantina Belvedere, I personally think it suits all occasions, a romantic setting for couples, space for large family gathering/celebrations and its a dream for wedding parties as the way the restaurant flows is perfect for aperitivo, the main reception and entertainment.

1  Thank Jo D
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We only ate the pizzas here but they were outstanding. View was unforgettable (looking down on San Maria di Castellabate) and the service was efficient and helpful.