Hotel Miramare Stabia(Castellammare Di Stabia)
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast(Castellammare Di Stabia)
US$148
US$127
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
B&B Le Cycas(Castellammare Di Stabia)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$70
Ancelle Sorrento - Casa d'Accoglienza(Castellammare Di Stabia)
Book now, pay at stay
US$111
US$98
Europa Stabia Hotel(Castellammare Di Stabia)
US$160
US$149
Hotel Elisabetta(Castellammare Di Stabia)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$115
  • Restaurant
B&B La Magnolia(Castellammare Di Stabia)(Great Value!)
US$70
B&B.it
La Medusa Hotel & BoutiqueSpa(Castellammare Di Stabia)
US$363
US$307
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$363/night.

Villa Cimmino Hotel Restaurant(Castellammare Di Stabia)
US$1,189
US$550
Tetto Fiorito(Castellammare Di Stabia)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrafalgar tourtop floorby uk standardsroof terracebay of naplesrun downone nightlovely promenadecakes and pastriestakes about minsair concold meatstrain stationshort breakwatch the sunsetbuffet breakfastvery nice hotel
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely hotel with pleasant and helpful staff who will go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. Situated in a true Italian working class town within the shadow of Vesuvius which has a scenic mountain backdrop and encompassed in a large bay. Only 20 minutes from Sorrento and Pompei it has a Lovely promenade with beach but not currently suitable for swimming or sunbathing. Lido beach available 5mins away by train. Cable car ride to mountain top behind town. Ferries available to Naples/Sorrento and Capri from the marina. Plenty of places to eat next to the promenade and Marina with plenty of fresh seafood. Cheap public transport .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We were on a trafalgar tour. Stayed 2 nights at this eerie feeling hotel. It was old, historical maybe. Moment we opened the door, we were shocked. It was really spacious. However, the furniture n decor was so old, perhaps too retro. The 2 dark n worn out arm chairs which they put in our rooms looked so haunted. Even my husband said he didn't feel comfortable if he had to stay alone. Shower head was old. Water came out from 4 holes in the head. It was not shower but it was typically 4 jets of water shooting out from the head. Bathing was not easy. I will not stay here on my own.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wong S
Reviewed 16 August 2017

When you first arrive in Castellammare be prepared to be disappointed. The location is run down and littered with rubbish but over look this and you will appreciate this v convenient location for visits to the far more expensive resorts of Capri, Sorrento, Vesuvius, Pompeii,etc Boat trips around the Amalfi coast and far far more. The station and port are 10 min walks away.
The hotel itself is old and decadent, tastefully furnished. Rooms large, spacious. en suites with lovely selection of fresh towels daily including a bath sheet
Staff v friendly and helpful especially the concierge who saved us so much money recommending trains, boats to places of interest without paying for the organised trips. They even dropped us at the port, free of charge, early in the morning to catch the boat to Capri.
Breakfast and dinner is served on the top terrace with amazing views over the surrounding areas.Loved all the old furniture dotted around the place. fresh flowers and beautiful flowering plants amok,. There is also a bar on the roof terrace and loungers,serving drinks and cheaply priced cocktails. Brilliant view point. We could see the forest fires and the helicopters and planes loading up with water to douse the fires. We also experienced the most amazing fireworks from there late one night.
We ate dinner there one night and it was superb and v reasonably priced.
V good nearby restaurants if you seek out the side streets, much cheaper than the surrounding resorts.
You can find a beach where you pay 5 euros for a lounger and use of toilet and pizza/bar. This was clean and only a 15 min walk.
Beware v little English spoken here.
I would definitely stay there again. Saw corporate/ celebratory functions taking place with the most lavish food/seafood I have ever seen and all laid out on a separate floor.

Room Tip: Ask for sea views if possible and on top floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank juliaflop
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I should start by saying that after reading the reviews here on the hotel and Castellammare itself, I was very tempted to cancel our booking. However I can safely say I am extremely glad we didn't!

The short version of this review is: great hotel with excellent staff in an admittedly down at heel but nonetheless friendly and enjoyable part of Italy. If you're unsure whether to choose here, don't be!

Longer version:
1. Pre-arrival communication with the hotel was great. You can book an airport transfer with them for about €80 each way. We thought this was a little expensive so used the Curreri Viaggi bus service for €10 per person each way. Takes about 45 mins and the hotel will pick up and drop off at the bus stops if you ask them. Free service, just tip the driver a little if you choose.

2. Rooms: ours was big, clean and comfortable with plenty of room for suitcases and hanging up clothes. Air con was a godsend! Also had a little flat screen tv (Italian channels) and fridge. The bathroom was a good size with a powerful shower. Sheets and towels changed every day.

3. Breakfast: open 7-10am and well stocked with cold meats, cheese, eggs, bread, cereals, fruit, yoghurt and Italian cakes and pastries. It was great to sit and take in the view of the sea and Vesuvius/Naples in the distance.

4. Roof terrace/bar: same place as breakfast (7th floor) and equally enjoyable to watch the sun set and the town come to life in the evenings. Drinks a little pricey but hefty measures (by UK standards at least)!

5. Reception/staff: everyone here was friendly and helpful, particulary Biagio, Giudita and Vincenzo. If you have a problem or need anything they will gladly help you. One of our beds was a little hard and after some interesting attempts at Italian on my part, the mattress was replaced within an hour or so.

6. The town: at first glance Castellamare appears a little gritty and perhaps like you'd made a bad choice. To make things clear, this is not a typical resort like you might find in Greece or Spain. That said, once you've been out to explore you will become quite attached to the place! There is plenty to do, a host of good restaurants and a lovely promenade to stroll along - particularly in the evenings when it seems most people come out with their friends and family, which makes for a good atmosphere. We felt safe there and enjoyed taking a slow walk back to the hotel after dinner each night.

The beach itself isn't wonderful but is cleaned daily so you can sit out there if you wish, although you cannot swim in the sea. If you want a beach day then ask at reception for the free shuttle to another stretch of beach just up the road. It leaves around 9am and picks up around 4pm.

7. Restaurants: I'll review these separately but would recommend Chalet AnnaMaria down at the harbour, Mamma Mia on seafront near hotel, BluMari for good seafood and Da Ciro for a locals' local.

We spent a full week here and had a fantastic restful time!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flash21
Reviewed 7 July 2017

On the outside the hotel does look rather shabby, on the inside - it looks rather shabby.

This place is a bit of a maze, to get to my room from reception was a good trek, the elevators are tiny and slow so I took the stairs which are huge. But then I had to take another set of stairs to get to a mezzanine level and then up another smaller flight of stairs to get to my level.

The room itself is very dated, the bed was very very old, with weak springs, the furniture looked like it was from the 60's.
It was a nice quiet room though.

The air-con unit is under the window and was a bit too noisy and but it did work well - a little too well so I switched it off, it wasn't easy to find the controls though.

The bathroom extractor fan was very noisy, it needed replacing because it was so old.

The shower for some strange reason had the top of the wall curved over so there was very little room, it was an inner room so I could not see any reason for it to be curved.
However the shower did have very good pressure.

The door lock was an old fashioned big key, and it came with a huge weight, so definitely something to leave with reception when you went out.

Internet connection was ok - but I couldn't use it in the dining room.

The views from the dining room are fantastic, wide panorama of the coast and Naples.

The meals were just ok, the staff did not seem to want to be there though, they just plonked the plates down in front of you - I was there for two nights and did not eat there the second night even though it was paid for.
I also dislike the practice of re-using cutlery - if I put the knife and fork on the plate I want it taken away and fresh cutlery to use, this seems to be a common practice in Italy though not just this hotel.

I did a fair amount of walking while I was there, there are some very nice Gelateries about a twenty minute walk to the right as you exit the hotel and follow the coast road near the Port.

There are lots of local shops close to the hotel, but you will need to look hard to find a bargain. To the left of the hotel it's a little bit industrial - looks very run-down, nothing much to see.

There is a supermarket a short walk away on the beach front.

The beach - well lets just say nobody was using it, probably one of the worst beaches I've seen.

This place is not really somewhere for tourists to stay, I don't know why people would really want to stay here on holiday - I was only here because it was part of a bus tour of Italy.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo