“Exquisite Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with impeccable service, but the food and presentations were the stars.

Attentive and well coordinated staff that met or exceeded our expectations.

We tried a 5 course dinner with wine pairing and could not have been happier with our choice or the resulting quality food and service.

Highly recommend Pizzetta Milu.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We visited on a friend's birthday and went for the tasting menu, plus wine. It was a really special experience as the courses and the wine kept coming.

At first it was quite intimidating because there were few customers and many waiters, but the place soon filled up and we relaxed!

The wine in particular was lovely and we tried some amazing wines we certainly wouldn't have discovered otherwise on our short weekend visit.

1  Thank Wilma1977
Reviewed 12 December 2017

My partner and I Piazzetta Milu for my birthday meal and chose to have the 5 course tasting menu, with the wine pairing. The restaurant was mostly empty as we were visiting Italy in December, the off season, but we were still surprised at this considering how excellent everything was. We had two welcoming waiters who took turns to bring out each dish, taking the time and care to explain the origin and inspiration behind the flavours and where the food was sourced. They did the same with the wine, much of which was local (which they were clearly proud of) and went perfectly with each course. From the mini pizza, the tuna, the two pasta dishes to the sea bass - everything was phenomenal. The predesert was amazing – cardamom and pine apple! The main desert was gorgeous – coffee and banana. The meal finished with local mineral water which was much needed after so much excellent wine. By far one of the most incredible meals I’ve had. The service and atmosphere was fantastic too. Even if you’re not staying within the Castellemare di stabia region, this restaurant is worth a visit!

1  Thank Kirif1
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I arranged a business dinner for myself and 31 colleagues at Piazzetta Milu. We had a set menu due to our numbers with wine included and the restaurant gave us their downstairs dining area to ourselves.

I was worried about catering for such a large crowd, but I needn't have. From our arrival, which was interrupted and staggered due to terrible weather disrupting the travel of many of us, the staff were gracious and attentive. They served us prosecco and water whilst we waited for our stranded colleagues, along with a few aperitivi for some of the group. When we were all assembled and ready to eat, the dishes came efficiently and the wait between courses was well timed even giving the number of people in our group.

And what dishes! From the amuse bouche which was playful and varied (cheese arancini-style lollipops and radicchio leaves filled with surprises amongst others), to the unusual risotto of young pecorino and freeze-dried raspberry powder, to perfectly executed fish. The highlights though were the truffle, within which was hidden steak tartare, the pasta with chickpeas, baby squid and algae, and the dessert. Oh, the dessert! A chocolate delice (I'm a fool for chocolate) with meringue and crumble, and passion fruit sorbet which worked despite my reservations. The meal was rounded off with excellent coffee and delightful petit fours (tiny cakes always delight me).

The prosecco was one of the best I have tried, the red and the white were good but nothing special, but the wine just kept coming all night and some of my colleagues are big drinkers so I have no complaints.

The meal was not cheap, but was excellent value considering we had in all seven courses with wine water and coffee. I cannot thank our hosts enough for satisfying all of my colleagues and providing us with a truly memorable and enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Magnificent is the best word to describe our 40th anniversary dinner at Piazzeta Milu. Each dish was a work of art, and the subtle flavors were interesting and delicious without being weird.

There was not a crumb to be seen on the floor of the gleaming open kitchen, and it was fascinating to watch the chefs at work. Instead of the giant quantities prepared in a traditional Italian restaurant, they produced small dishes that were perfect. We ordered endive salad for a starter. Before it was served, we were presented with four complimentary hors d’oeuvres, including mushrooms, baked cheese, and fish, each a delicious bite-sized morsel. For mains, my wife had lamb, and I had chicken leg and potatoes, common foods prepared uncommonly well.

We ordered a dessert to share. Before it was served, each of us was treated to a small glass tumbler with fresh raspberries, chopped nuts, and a tasty sauce. Afterwards, we each were served four house-made candies on a handsome small serving block.

The atmosphere was elegant and relaxed at the same time. The wait staff were all dressed alike in casual suits and tennis shoes. They were friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wine. We never felt rushed, and there were enough servers so that we never felt we were made to wait while other diners were served.

I phoned for a reservation before we left home in California, and we're so happy I did. We've learned that Milu has recently earned a Michelin star, and it won't be long before reservations are not as easy to get. If you plan to be in southern Italy, and you enjoy exquisite food prepared and served with precision, go now.