Our stay was very nice. The grounds and the hotel were top rated. Pool area was perfect but the water was still kind of chilly in late April. My wife and sister in law loved walking around the garden areas. All the lemon and orange trees added to the fragrance of being out side.
The room was very compfy. The bed was perfect for us. Slept like a baby every night.
The bath area was also good. However they had a towel warmer but could never figure out how it worked.
The one area that was lacking a bit was room service. Once you used the toiletrees they were never replaced. The room was cleaned every day.
The breakfest was very good. They offered a good array of items. The fresh OJ was a hit. Fun to make your own! The meat plater and pastrie table was always fresh looking. The ham was very good!
The coffee selection was perfect. Double expresso every morning !
The lunch and dinner was very pricey. We arrived Easter Sunday and had dinner there that night. The food was very good but the portions in relation to the price was out of balanced. Way to expensive to eat there every day. I had the Lamb trio and it was perfect but very little food on a big plate. Two tiny pork chops, one bite each, was one of the items. For $70.00 I would liked to have seen a little more dinner for the price. It was very very good mind you.
The shuttle service into and back from town is limited. But you work with what is offered. The staff was very professional and helpful at all times.
The bar made a perfect Manhattan with is always important!!
I would stay here again and would highly recommend iot to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Superior four-star Hotel is a romantic villa "fin de siecle" made up of 49 rooms, whose restoration is constantly in balance between the respect for the past and the influence of contemporary style.A unique and authentic place made of beautiful old trees and surrounded by green surfaces, that admires the spectacular Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.On one hand, the common areas, characterized by an unmistakable style and a wonderful elegance, which completely respect the important classical style of the structure; on the other hand, the rooms, a continuous alternation of contemporary and classical Design.A Hotel, on its own, marked by a deeply individual style where the care for details, quality and hospitality represents the common denominator.The ceramics of Amalfi Coast hand-painted with an exclusive design, the antique furniture and tapestries characterize the lobby, the bar and the restaurant situated on the ground floor of the hotel; so quiet places, that make possible living in a private and protected dimension... Where each detail becomes a pleasure to be relished. The huge glass windows in Liberty Style divide the building from the secular park: an explosion of flowers and colours, a wide open-air sitting-room completely equipped with chaise-longue, easy-chairs and gazebos; an unforgettable atmosphere beyond every expectation.Around the park full of flowers, the outside Fitness Corner represents an opportunity to keep oneself fit in an uncontaminated and healthy environment; the wellness swimming-pool with geysers, the sun beds, the large solarium represent an occasion of certain and pleasant relax. From here just a step to get to the Pool Bar for an aperitif, and another for sipping a vintage wine at the outside restaurant Il Gazebo & Le Terrazze in the middle of the citrus grove.Here the Chef suggests a refined, precious Mediterranean and International cuisine, a perfect balance among tastes, smells and colours.Excellent services like a Mercedes shuttle bus to the city centre or the close beaches, the free parking, the opportunity to rent a yacht or book private excursions and much more... Will make your stay unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your La Medusa Hotel & BoutiqueSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- La Medusa Hotel & BoutiqueSpa Castellammare Di Stabia, Italy - Province Of Naples