I have read through all the other reviews and don't understand what everyones problem was.
The hotel itself is very nice. Fresh and Modern. It is outside Sorrento which can pose its problems if you have not done your research.
We got the train from Napoli to 'Pozzano' on the Cirumvesuviana line which left us a brief 7/8 minute walk from the hotel. The only problem is Pozzano does not have a ticket office so if you are planning on using the train you need to get your tickets in Sorrento the day before (Im sure you can by a week one) or else get the hotel Shuttle to Vico Equense and get the train from there.
The hotel had a shuttle to Sorrento and there was also a public bus which stopped outside. We got the hotel shuttle in almost every evening and it cam back at 12 which was nice as we were not out too late any evening. I would not recommend driving to anyone as the Italians (no offense folks!) are terrifying on the road and would cut you off left right and centre!!
The hotel was very friendly. As mentioned before Pepe is one of the nicest barmen you could deal with. He always remembered us and our drinks. He was friendly, funny and a pleasure. The rest of the staff I found very pleasant. I did not meet one member of staff who were rude. Going by Italy in general I found everyone quite abrupt, I wouldn't call it rude I would be inclined to think they have a different manor, but once you engaged them anyone I spoke with was pleasant and helpful even though we hadn't a word of italian between us!
Any time I asked the staff a question they answered it. The Wifi is not free as mentioned but you can get an hour free first and then pay after that. This did not bother me as I was away to relax and people who can not enjoy their holiday without being stuck to the internet probably should not be on holiday in the first place.
The Spa is lovely. Very peaceful and relaxing. Prices were not that much different than at home. People were complaining about the price of the restaurant. We have a beautiful meal, 3 courses and a bottle of wine (very nice wine on the Maitre D's reccommendation) was €92. Quite normal by Irish standards especially for the kind of food they were serving. You could clearly see that every staff had a job and a certain station to serve. They all did their job very well and we had a very enjoyable meal. I am very baffled as to why people have not enjoyed their stay.
If you want to be more central certainly go and stay in Sorrento but it was such a busy city I was very happy to come each day and relax in the peace and quiet overlooking the beautiful bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius. The bus schedule means planning you day out in advance but once you are organised there is no issues. Rooms were amazing. Fantastic view overlooking the sea. Watched some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.
I really do not have anything bad to say. The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful when asked. The rooms was fabulous. Breakfast was pricey by hotel standards but very tasty and good choice. Bar menu is limited for the lack of alternatives in the area but the drinks menu is fantastic and coffee is delicious. The private beach was lovely and the pol was beautiful. Tv's are not dated, all flat screen as far as I could see. I do not understand any traveller in a foreign language country giving out about no English speaking channels. That is very rude in my opinion. The staff and locals are good enough to understand English and speak it at a conversational if not better level than 99% of the tourists I seen could speak Italian. Expecting English television is simply mind baffling.
Overall we had the most amazing holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. Would definitely recommend and will certainly be staying again the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, located between the magnificent Gulf of Naples and the famous rocks of the Sorrento Peninsula, is a modern four star hotel born from the reconversion of an old cement factory. Its strategic location places the hotel in the center of the most enchanting touristic itineraries of the Campania region, due to its proximity to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Pompei and Herculaneum. This hotel, opened in 2004, takes its name from the two modern towers that rise over the sea, and welcome all the guests coming every day to visit the Sorrento Peninsula. Today, the Towers Hotel is a unique destination to meet the needs of those who travel for business or pleasure, as well as the perfect location to host meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Stabiae
- Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast Castellammare Di Stabia, Italy - Province Of Naples