“Beautiful Castellina in Chianti”

Antica Trattoria La Torre
Price range: US$22 - US$49
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Stiaccini family owners of the ancient restaurant Trattoria "La Torre" have been actively operating for nearly a century . Five generations have dedicated Themselves to providing their guests With typical Tuscan cooking based on simplicity of preparation and discriminating use of the best products available in Chianti. The base ingredientes of their dishes are typical of the Chianti region: Wine, oil, free range foWl, Wild game, lamb and pork, beef from nearby Valdichiana, fresh local produce and wild mushrooms. Their traditional dishes are accompanied by a vast selection of the best Chianti Classico wines.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The small Village, the kind people, the delicious meal at Antica Trattoria La Torre sums up to a wonderful, relaxing afternoon enjoying the Tuscany area.
This is my all time favorite little village in Tuscany, and I think you will love it too!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have eaten here twice in the past and remembered a delicious meal in a Tuscan setting, and we were not disappointed. We walked in with another couple about 7:30 pm with no reservations. No problem! The staff arranged tables for us, and we enjoyed another really good traditional Tuscan dinner. My husband had pasta and the braised beef tips in Chianti, and I had a roasted chicken - just delicious. I would suggest reservations. Walking out of the restaurant at dusk into the piazza was a beautiful sight.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The local dishes are wonderful and if you want to drink the Chianni wines they have 1/2 bottles! Eat the pasta as it is great along with their local lamb dish!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. The setting was so adorable that my friend and I returned the following day to take in Castellina.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Course after excellent course of delicious (Mmm,cinghiale!) homemade Italian plates -- washed down with a couple bottles of local Chianti .. need I elaborate? Just go and thank me later.