“Perfection!! My Dream Italian Vacation Realized.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castellina In Chianti
Hotel Villa Godenano
“Perfection!! My Dream Italian Vacation Realized.”
Reviewed 4 June 2010

As I read some of these online reviews, I am totally puzzled by any review about Villa Godenano that isn't a five star review. What a gorgeous place!!
I traveled on a small bus with 20 other passengers. As the bus driver (the fabulous Luigi!) turned off the main road onto the private drive to the Villa, all that could be heard was a collective sigh when the Villa came into view. Lush green, beautifully maintained grounds complete with olive trees, grapevines, and gorgeous flowers welcomed us. We could not believe our eyes. I had looked Villa Godenano up on Trip Advisor before I left, and let me tell you....the photos posted on this website do not do it justice. This place is stunning!!! Peacefulness and serenity in abundance. The view of the surrounding vineyards from our favorite outdoor breakfast spot.....perfection!!! One day I swam in the lovely pool there (surrounded by olive trees), and gazed at the miles of vineyards and said out loud (to no one in particular) "It does not get any better than this!!!" Nirvana!!!
Okay, so enough about the grounds and exterior. On the inside....beautiful wood floors and a gorgeous shiny hardwood stairway (the woodwork all over the villa is gorgeous and sparkling). Also a bonus....apparently the only elevator in all of Italy : ) !!! This was a welcome relief from the miles of walking and hill climbing we did all over Italy, but I digress.
The bedrooms....totally charming yet spacious. Some of them enter onto a lovely terrace on the second floor. All of them had delightful windows that overlooked the beautiful grounds. Immaculate rooms and baths. Real full sized bathrooms with full sized showers!!! Crisp white linens on the beds everyday (I swear they must iron them!!). I have never slept so well.
As beautiful as the Villa is, the real magic is in the warmth and amazing Italian hospitality of Laura and Sverio (the owners) and Phillipe (their son) and Mario, a member of their staff. Laura greeted us with the story of her father whose dream it was to own Villa Godenano. And after years of hard work, his dream was realized. You have never met harder workers or nicer people than Laura and Sverio. Laura speaks great English. Sverio speaks all Italian. BUT....Sverio definitely knows how to communicate through his AMAZING cooking!!!!! I have now been home almost a week and I am still dreaming of his UNBELIEVABLE meals!!!! Bellissiimo!!!
Breakfasts are outrageous....frittatas, perfect Italian breads and bruschettas, meats and cheeses, coffee to die for. Fabulous. The dinners? Total perfection!!!! I took photos of every dish he made. Dinner became a several hour long event every night. Course after course of perfection served at our beautiful long table, complete with fabulous house wine and Sverio's own olive oil, every single night. Ti Amo Sverio!!!!!
Bottom line: I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you have the chance to spend a week here, you will remember it forever.
Thank you to Laura and Sverio (and to our fabulous guide Marina and driver Luigi) for giving me the vacation of my dreams!!!!

p.s. Laura and Sverio also own VILLA LECCHI, a grand hotel a few towns over. We were invited there for dinner one evening and it was spectacular!!! Hotel, spa, wellness center. Scenery out of a movie. Definitely worth booking. And their fabulous Momma cooks there too, and let me tell you.....great cooks run in the family!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010
3 Thank ramonafez

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2010

This place is terrific if you are looking for quiet, serene, comfortable, and beautiful. It is a villa in the charming little town of Castellina in Chianti,Italy.You can sit by the pool and look out over miles of vinyards and olive groves in the beautiful rolling hills of Tuscany. It is owned and operated by Laura and Severio along with other members of their family. They are unbelievably gracious, friendly, and accommodating. The full breakfasts and 5 course dinners we had were exquisite and included wine and olive oil produced on the property.Meals are not in a restaurant. They are in a large family style dining room or outdoor terrace.
The rooms are clean, modern, and very comfortable.It doesn't have a "hotel" feel. It feels "like home". My wife and I were traveling with 20 friends from Northeast Florida, and we honestly felt at home for a week. It is a great central base for day trips to Florence,Siena, and the other beautiful Tuscan towns.
As I understand it, this property deals primarily with groups. Individual travelers are referred to the family's other property,Villa Lecci. Also, Laura is the only family member who speaks English, so bring your Italian phrase book or a translator.
If you are looking for bustling night life and resort feel, this is not the place. If you are looking for total relaxation, unparalled beauty, and pure serenity, I highly recommend Villa Godenano.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank boballten
Montpellier
Reviewed 5 August 2007

Hello, we just come back from Tuscany. We've stayed in Villa Godenano for 5 days, and I have been positively charmed. That's a typical tuscan house and the inner style is as cosy as the outside. It's very quiet and peaceful and we liked the feeling of "being at home".
On saturdays, there is a market at Castellina in Chianti, where you can find all sorts of things, and we found there a typical dish, the "porchetta"(roasted pig)
As for my young daughter,she liked the big garden and large swimming pool , with no rush .I forgot to say that it's a nice young lady who is in charge of the place and make you feel at home.
Ideal when you like quietness and a sense of independance.
Laurence

• Liked — Typical tuscan house
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank madula
London, England
Reviewed 1 July 2007

This place could have been lovely. The location is great and the grounds are pretty with great views. However, there is no service at all. The people looking after the place don't care a great deal and speak no english, so basic knowledge of Italian or French are required to communicate.

The first room we were shown had ants crawling through it. The second smelled of carpet shampoo. We finally got a nice room which could still have done with a good scrub. Breakfast is awful, with food seemingly left out for hours on end, and ants making off with the remnants through the dining room.

In the 5 days we were there, there were no other residents in the 12 room villa...apparently because it would be too much for the manager to handle with 3 kids...so they rent one room at a time. (All bookings etc. are handled by Villa Lecchi who do have someone that speaks English.) The pool is invaded by locals on the weekend, and all in all this place is a bit of a disgrace.

• Liked — Great views and lovely pool.
  • Disliked — Complete lack of atmosphere, service and cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank boxfather
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 June 2006

The ultimate romantic getaway. Wife and I stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful villa hotel. Serivce and quality was unbelieveable! Walking distance to town. Helpful and cheery staff made the stay even better. Panoramic views, quiet evenings with beautiful vistas. Comfortable room with more then usual space and amenities! Will definitely return to this hidden secret of Italy!

Stayed August 2005