Hotel Belvedere in San Leonino is a “hidden gem” nestled in the stunning Chianti countryside. About an 90 minute drive from Pisa will bring you to this stunning converted farmhouse which will take your breath away the minute you set foot into the grounds. The location is breathtaking with amazing views across the vineyards and olive groves as far as the eye can see. You will be greeted by warm and friendly staff who will do everything they can to make your stay as memorable as possible. The Hotel has around 29 rooms, however, I suggest upgrading to a Superior room if you can. Decorated and furnished in true Tuscan Style, the room we had was stunning, clean, comfortable with the most amazing views out of the shuttered windows. Facilities within the room were what you would expect, and to a very high standard with the added bonus of flat screen TV. Only downside with the room is that there are no coffee and tea making facilities, however, not a great problem as a couple of Euros would buy beautiful coffee which you could take in one of the immaculate pretty seating areas and gardens in and around the Hotel. The breakfast was gorgeous and ample the staff so attentive and helpful. The pool, pretty flowered courtyards and gardens areas are beautiful, with panoramic views to die for, ample sun beds and seating, a lovely way to spend a couple of hours after your city visits.
Do take the chance to eat at the Belvedere restaurant at least once during your stay. The menu changes daily and is made up of local produce and delicacies offering excellent cuisine to suit most tastes. The Belvedere boasts its own wines and vineyard, which are amazing to say the least. Wine tasting and vineyard tour available during your stay which is well worth doing. Do sample the local restaurants in the surrounding areas such as Castellina in Chianti. For us, San Leonino was an excellent location to visit the surrounding areas, with Firenze and Sienna around an hours drive away.
Having travelled the globe over the years, I can honestly say this is one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed, and cannot wait to return. Thank you to all the staff who made our short stay so special.
Sue and Paul chilton UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Belvedere di San Leonino is situated near the 11th century church of the same name and surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, cypress trees and woods. Located in the heart of the Chianti region, the land of the famous Black Rooster wine, it has a splendid 360° panorama stretching from Siena to Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Volterra over the Elsa valley. Siena is approximately 15 minutes away, Florence and San Gimignano 50 minutes, the Tyrrhenian coast, Lucca and Pisa little more than an hour away. Many of our guests use Belvedere di San Leonino as a base for their daily trips to the coast, and Tuscany and Umbria's historical towns and museums. Others prefer to rest in the quiet and peaceful Tuscan hills here in all their famed beauty. Belvedere di San Leonino offers 29 rooms with authentic furniture in rustic tuscan style, terracotta floors and old beamed ceilings. Each room has a private bathroom, minibar, satellite TV and a dial-out telephone. A beautiful garden, large outdoor swimming pool in a panoramic position and private parking are available to guests. Our staff speaks English, German, French and Dutch. Arrivederci a Belvedere di San Leonino ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Di San Leonino Hotel
- Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany