As 2 couples we stayed for 5 nights after visiting the lakes and we felt that we had chosen the best possible spot in Tuscany being close to both Siena and plenty of lovely small towns - Radda,Greve and Gaiole and the larger town of San Gimignano and Volterra - all worth visiting. All the hotel rooms looked to be of a good size - the rooms overlooking the back of the property have a view to die for from sunrise to sunset. The hotel itself is kept spotlessly clean. Free internet is available in a room hundreds of years old - weird sensation ! I'd agree with other contributors about the breakfast - adequate.The pool area is truly restful - eating walnuts as they drop off the trees surrounding the pool. There's a terrace overlooking the pool and vineyards and can see just miles and miles of beautiful countryside.The spa considering the size of the hotel is a real bonus.....and absolutely free. The ladies on the front desk were all extremely helpful with regards to restaurant advice/booking and places to visit. The best restaurant we ate at was La Torre in the small square but the hotel provide a list of about 20 restaurants both in the town and outlying areas complete with closing days - very useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historical center of Castellina in Chianti, you will find the 15th century Palazzo Squarcialupi. In the past, the Palace was a noble residence with agricultural activity and has recently been restored to become the Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany