All reviews base for exploring free parking washing pitch toilet trees shop facilities border lake umbria castiglione
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here for 1 night only and I could negotiate a price without cleaning costs, which was nice. Therefore, we had a very cheap stay in this generally expensive area. The campsite is right next to the lake, so ideal location... we had a car though, not sure if the public transport is well-arranged.

The check-in and check-out took ridiculously long, whereas it wasn't always busy at all at reception. I think it's a matter of not very professional staff. We stayed in a mobile home, which had everything in it that you need: a kitchen, little patio, 2 bedrooms even, toilet, tiny shower (however, I would recommend to use the bigger showers in the toilet houses). It was not super clean, the dead bugs where everywhere on the floor, ugh! They could have cleaned a little bit. Swimming pool was ok, there were even 2 (one for children). The bath and toilet houses where big and clean, which is a relief. Really right next to the lake, with possibilities to swim (yes it's muddy, but that has nothing to do with the campsite, that's just the lake). Free parking. Wifi worked perfectly and was free too. Bar area a bit trashy: family singing along too loud with terrible songs.

But overall, nothing to complain. For what you pay, you get a decent stay.

Room Tip: Try to be as close to the lake as possible, pretty view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

If you like camping...
You'll have a swell time here. especially if you're Dutch or Belgian. Thing is... I really like camping. Though I absolutely hate campings! And since I seem to have forgotten this, I booked at Badiaccia Camping Village for a whole week.
Prices are pretty reasonable for a tentpitch and a parking spot but you really have to be into the whole 'campsite-experience'. Everywhere you turn there are people speaking dutch.. Me myself being belgian and also speeking dutch, I don't really like this at all. If I go on a holiday I hope to mingle with the locals and try to communicate with signs and gestures rather than having people around me speaking the same language I do and understanding every single word I say when I'm talking to my girlfriend.

But enough about that.. If you are into the 'camping-experience' and you love to have people around you that speak your own language, you like campings because all you want to do is hang around, get a tan, do some swimming, miniature golf an all that stuff.... I can absolutely recommend this camping. I you're concerned about facilities and all.. don't be, they had the whole thing renovated, restrooms, showers, baby changing tables and washing rooms, you name it... It's there and it's rather new.

The campsite itself is located near the lake so if you like to go for a swim in the mosquito-infested lake, it cannot get any easier!

Have fun camping, you surely won't see me again, I hate it. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Badiaccia C, Direttore at Badiaccia Camping Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear 8E7, thanks for your review, I am glad that you recommend our Camping Village and our facilities, in the month of July our guests are mainly from north Europe, if you prefer more italians on the camping a vacation in August could be the solution. Best Regards

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Firstly, I'm not usually the fussy type and I am quite easily satisfied among accomidation and general places through my world travels but I can honestly say, that this is the worst place, I have ever ever had to be.

The staff are rude, lazy, unhelpful and sexiest.

Although the camping is cheap, there are many hidden costs. We didn't have a car and everything other than the resort was miles away from the site so you have to drive. I really would not recommend coming here if your on foot as you'll be stuck in a hell hole.

The restaurant on site is outrageously expensive. We stayed in the city Perugia beforehand and we were eating in gorgeous restaurants with lovely italian food for less than here. A restaurant in the middle of no where that serves uncooked pasta that is utterly disgusting.. All cooked from frozen and packaged food. When you come to Italy, surely you expect at least a half decent pasta!?!

So that people are aware of how money grabbing the restaurant is... When they bring out the bill, two of the tiniest sweets come out with it which you expect to be complimentary... But then they charge you 60 cent each for them? The staff are forceful and rude, they just want to make you finish your meal, give them your money and leave. They wouldn't leave us alone and kept asking us if we were ready to order every minute. Utterly dire.

The lake... We expected to be able to swim in the lake as it tells you that on their website. Rather, it's a shallow pit of mud which stinks of sewage. I've swam in some revolting places before but this was unbelievable and dirty.

The swimming pool... Is completely over crowded and everyone is on top of each other. It's a small swimming pool which doesn't cater to the amount of people that want to use it. You also have to pay 3 euros for a stupid little hat to wear before you can use it.

All the faculties at this place, sound amazing on the website but when your here and you actually try to use any of it, it's all cheap, broken and almost unusable.

The 'entertainment' is repetitive and boring. Lots of stuff for kids but nothing for the adults... I've sat at the communal area and watched parents drown their sorrows with booze all day. Everyone is rude and unhappy.

The wifi (if you can call it that anyway) is so so terrible. They make out its a free service for everyone but you'll spend half your life trying to use it. The signs for the wifi (which is conviently not mentioned on the website) tell you that, there's no point asking staff to help you connect because they don't know either and that only 15 people can use it at a time... And I ensure you, double the people will be trying to use it throughout the day and night so you have no chance.

The computer room (again if you can call it that) is a wooden wendy house with one messily laptop. It's so hot in there and be expected to wait outside at least an hour to even use it.

Tennis courts are always busy... People who go on them, hog all of the time, even if people are waiting. So expect not to be able to use it also. If you want to play in the evening (because it's less busy then and cooler) they'll refuse to turn the flood lights on so you cant play.

The toilets and showers are clean but at night, be prepared to hold your breath as you enter a chamber of bugs.

I've normally had great luck with lonely planet guides (which we have been following for the past 2 months in italy).. But this is how we heard about the place and I hope that they'll take it out of it.

Save your money and your time and DO NOT COME HERE. Luckily for us we had 2 months of Italy to make up for it but the reason I'm leaving this review is to save those who don't have as long or just go here for a smaller holiday because you'll be wasting your time.

My boyfriends money was taken from our tent: €200!!! And a fight broke out in the restaurant while we were eating. Horrible place.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Ohmelly
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Very nicely located camping at Lago Trasimeo, Very good facilities including pool, shop and restaurant. Mini disco for kids in the evening. A lot of trees and very nice landscape. Most amazing bathrooms I ever seen on camping with automatic doors and luxury amenities inside. I stayed in bungalow, which was ok for one night. Very good prices like for this location

Room Tip: Instead of a tent - ask for low cost bungalow
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear hiszpan, your appreciation on our completely renewed bathroms is welcome, we care about it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

The only things that might disturb you is either croaking of frogs or the light of fireflies. This place is as beautiful as it gets!! Perfect setting of Tuscan Sky, Greens, serene lake and hills for a quiet romantic vacation. This was the place that made me feel a little bad about being single :P but nevertheless... i enjoyed the place as much as i could. The Bathrooms and Toilets were very Clean. The cafe serves good food but the crepes v had for breakfast were cold ant not good. There is a departmental store in the cafe which stocks everything that you may have forgotten to get, at a little higher price (obviously). People are friendly , staff as well as the fellow campers.. you can get the camping vans and tents at extra cost. So just come with you essentials and have a beautiful time :)

Room Tip: Take the spot facing the lake... and wake up to a beautiful !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends