“Great food, nice people!”
Review of L'Acquario

L'Acquario
Price range: US$29 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were told the food in the restaurant was excellent by a local we chatted to when we arrived..... We we're definitely not disappointed. The menu was try local, the pike and crayfish starters were brilliant, plus mains of wild boar and rabbit were tremendous. Pudding of a saffron creme was perfect, and the house red and whites were spot on. Try it!!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I ate 4 evenings at this fine restaurant. The food the staff were excellent.
So looking forward to returning

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We enjoyed our lunch at L'Acquario. We ate at a table on the street. It was very pleasant as it was shady and quiet. There was little trafic on the street, but at a busier time, passersby could interrupt the tranquility.

The menu was very good and while we had simple fare it was well prepared, tasty, and a good price.

The server was friendly and efficient.

Recommended.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was travelling across Umbria and I stayed in Castiglione del Lago for a few days. I had a meal there with lake fish as well as seafood. The owners adviced me for the the best and I found both the fish and the first course excellent. Good value for price, too.

1  Thank Doriana B
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Good ambiance and atmosphere. The menu is slightly more interesting than the 'normal' Italian ristorante/pizzeria selection with several regional specialities.
The service was good but we had mixed opinions over the food. The antipasto of local meats and cheese was really tasty.. My wife really liked the perch and pear dish. I had the mixed lake fish grill and found it very dry, tasteless and full of bones.
There are lots of restaurants in the vicinity, so I'd probably try others before returning here.