“Attention! We were robbed in Venezia hotel directly in our room! August 2013”
Review of Hotel Venezia

Hotel Venezia
Ranked #149 of 182 Hotels in Cattolica
Turku, Finland
“Attention! We were robbed in Venezia hotel directly in our room! August 2013”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The day before the staff of the hotel "fixed" the door lock and no wonder why robber got inside by his own key.We suspect the thief worked in cooperation with a staff because he knew we were having supper then and returned back to our room a little bit earlier than he expected. So when we returned there was a noice in our room ad we noticed a stranger coming out from our room saying very politely he had mixed the room. When my mom checked the room it was too late. I ran after him immidiately but he dissapeared somewere in the hotel. As a result a robber stole 450 eur. Happily were earlier than he expected and he did not manage to take our passports and the phones. I asked the owner of the hotel whether they have cameras cause there was a sign that " the territory is under cameras control" (pure lie) but he even understand what I was talking about.
Instead they started to blame and suspect another italian innocent which was also a guest of the same hotel and even tried to check his room.
Of course I did a declaration at the local police and informed my travel agency but everything was a waste of time. I tried to investigate my case and my lawer from Italy told me that if the robbery happened inside of the hotel so due to european law a hotel administration should compensate this sum to the guest.
Anyway one thing I know for sure. I will never recommened this hotel even for my enemy. I have travelled around the world but never in my life I experienced such a "hospitality" and never in my life at the 3 stars hotel I recieved towels with holes...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Jaroslav2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed in Venezia in May 2012. It was cold and rainy which quite rare for Italy for htat season, but fortunately hotel also had heating. I had single room with dinner included and dinner was ok fro the price. As I stayed two weeks it was a bit repetive for the second week, but soups were good. Hotel was on the other end of main road and location was nice and quiet and still central. Staff was mainly family. Owner the old lady cleaned the hotel and siböling broher and sister run the hotel. They were both very kind. I recomend this place and Cattolica in general if you are in for quiet holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hull
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Loved this hotel! The rooms were lovely and clean, the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. The food is absolutely fantastic, and the portions were huge!!

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alex M
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

best hotel i have ever been to in cattolica, friendly family run hotel,very helpful and they cant do enough for you to make your hoiday the best that you have ever had in your life
derek /pauline

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jamesfaulks
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

The Venezia Hotel is an excellent place to stay while you are holidaying in Cattolica and its surrounding area. It is family run, with lots of beautiful Italian food to enjoy. The hotel is close to the beach and is located on one of the streets with lots of shops and bars in the near vicinity. It offers a great value for money vacation. It is rated an Italian 3 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank suefromsunderland
north west
Reviewed 9 August 2009

the hotel is very basic not at all a 3 star not even a 1, the room we were allocated was on the small side and the pillows are like flagstones, the standard of cleaning is poor as the mirror was never cleaned and the floor dusty, there is no coffee making facilities in the room, for the TV and air conditioning at additional cost. The food is basic, repetative and bland although the soup is very good, the bread stays out from breakfast and served at dinner ( very hard) when we asked the hotel owner for fresh bread their reply was they were fresh this morning, you have to pay for the table water and coffee at dinner even if you are half board. noise at night stops around 2am and then starts again with the rubbish collection around 5 am collecting bottles. just 1 last point the beach is more like 250 meters away and not 80 as stated in the sunset brochure and will cost you for use of the sun beds we were charged 33 euros for 2 beds for 2 days. most of the staff are friendly unless you complain.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank themacs09

Travellers are raving about these Cattolica hotels

southport
Reviewed 16 July 2009

family run english/italian owners(.Rossi fans so can't be bad). The food is very good with a limited pre-select menu.The downsides which are minor are the extra charges for tv,air con which are in the room( in todays climate should be included).The biggest concern would be don't visit in high season the noise is well!! noisy both in and out.The hotel is spotless and nothing is to much trouble

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple