“jim and margaret goddard u.k”

Hotel Waldorf Palace
Ranked #18 of 182 Hotels in Cattolica
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“jim and margaret goddard u.k”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

we have just returned from our holiday at the waldorf palace hotel and we had a great stay there the hotel is only 10 mins walk to the main area of catollica were you will find all the restaurants the beach is 2 mins walk, the hotel itself is very well managed the breakfast is very good with enough choice to suit everyone the rooms are a very good size and the pool area is very nice, if we return to catollica then we would definately consider staying at the waldorf again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maggss2016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hungarian first
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I spent a relaxing and very beautiful holydays at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We have just returned from a short but very enjoyable stay at the Waldorf palace. The hotel is very well situated close to the sea-front and aquarium of Cattolica. Our quad room was lareg with 3 proper beds and was clean and well appointed. Breakfast service was very pleasant and the pool areas were well maintained. All in all to be recommended. Only negative point for us was that the live entertainment went on until midnight and therefore our little ones found it a bit hard to get off to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The Reception staff were really great offering advice on parking (garage under hotel) and giving option of room with a balcony overlooking the sea. Great breakfast.
Not sure why this hotel recieves bad reviews?? Only stayed one night travelling through to Southern Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a corner balcony overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I just had to create a review after seeing the previous review !!!!..... We visited in September 2011 & it was our second time to the Hotel Waldorf Palace. I have lost count of the number of times I have been to Cattolica but I would say over 20 since 1981 !....

The Hotel is VERY modern & VERY clean, Breakfast is FRESH everyday.....I forgot to book a room on the lower floor (my husband does not like lifts - the next day after arriving we asked if we could move rooms - it was of NO trouble.....the beaches are the best I have ever seen......oh yes & your comment about the staff in particualar the manager.....well my son had a bad accident in a local restuarant & he had to go to hospital....the manager of the hotel drove us there in his car !...he helped to book us in as we do not speak Itailian.....once back from the hospital all the staff asked how my son was....even staff who were not presant in the hotel at the time !!!

Hoping to go back next year !.......
Rowena Stimpson.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
nonnihotels, Direttore at Hotel Waldorf Palace, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
Dear Mrs Stimpson,
We are very glad to read your comments....it is also very nice of you to publicly show your appreciation of our efforts to make everyone stay as pleasant as possible. If there is anything we can do to help our guests, or to make them feel more confortable, certainly we do it. And to see that our work is well perceived, is a huge joy for someone who is passionate about their job, like we are.
Well, we hope you will pay us a visit next year too, we will make sure you won't change your mind about us. Please say hello to your husband and children from us.

Kind regards,
Edgardo Nonni
Annecy, France
Reviewed 28 July 2011

we wanted a 4 stars hotel, for a family holyday, but we have been very disappointed by this one : very expensive(917 euros for 5 nights) for a limit 3 stars hotel!! bad prestations, old furniture, bad quality of the bathrooms, far from the city center, poor beach, very very noisy room, bad breakfast, and A HUGE BUILDING right in front of the swimming pool!!!!! pooooooooooor poooooooooooor prestations, don't go!
only positive point : very nice girls at the reception (eventhough the ceo never said hello to us...poor education)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank liliwell
nonnihotels, Direttore at Hotel Waldorf Palace, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Dear Sir
My name is Edgardo Nonni, I am your "CEO with poor education".
Fortunately, in 470 b.c. (before Jesus Christ),
Socrates wrote the paradox "knowing not to know", so I can say thath I'm in good company.
I'm really sorry to have disregarded the legitimate expectations of your holiday. But I do not share your thoughts, so I am going to argue the following points:

"very expensive(917 euros for 5 nights) for a limit 3 stars hotel"
- 1 My prices are high in high season, my prices are lower in low season. By virtue of my large capacity receptive, and to fill my big hotel, I am forced to apply the lowest prices of the competition!

"bad prestations, old furniture, bad quality of the bathrooms "
- 2 The hotel is constantly restructuring and from 2005 to 2010, during the winter time (when the hotel is close) we had been used the following renovations:
-2005 all bedrooms renovated
- 2006 All bathrooms renovated
-2007, renewed all the exterior-face of the hotel
- 2008 the hotel has been adapted to European regulations on safety (smoke detectors, fire protection ladders, fire doors, safety signs....)
- 2009 all the common room hotel has been renovated
- 2010 all the coridors of the rooms have been renovated
I believe that our hotels can not be called pooooooooooorr!!

"bad breakfast"
- 3 - Help me please to improve my breakfast and I suggest something was missing. Perhaps missed....;
5 different types of meats? | 3 different types of cheese? | Eggs? | Bacon? Sausages?
12 different types of cakes? Chocolate cost? 7 different types of jam? Honey? croissants stuffed with apples?, cream?, jam?, chocolate? with candied fruit? 4 different types of corn flakes?|2 types of fruit syrup? |fresh fruit salad? 2 different types of yougurt?
5 different types of bread ?...etc.. etc..

"...and A HUGE BUILDING right in front of the swimming pool!!!!!"
- 4 - Just look at pictures of my hotel and found that the Waldorf Palace Hotel is not a "huge building right"

"very expensive(917 euros for 5 nights) for a limit 3 stars hotel!!"
- 5 She had not spent 917 euros, you had spent 880 euros for a 4 bedded room, but she was only 3 person, also you
hade chosen a room with a sea view that has a supplement, you've spent a little more because your mistake!

"far from the city center, poor beach"
- 6 The hotel is located in the tourist resort, opposite the sea and between the nautic club and the aquarium water "Le Navi"
The Waldorf Palace hotel is only 200 meters from the beginning of the pedestrian zone, and 1.20 km from the heart of Cattolica.
It 'a new area where there is a bit of greenery and parking facilities
Please check google map, to understand that I not tell lies

I am truly prepared to listen to complaints from my guests, because they gave me a few tips that you can solve problems of many, but I do not understand why she should lie so free. I do not understand its purpose!

I apologize again for not having spoken to you , but my problem is that I do not speak the French, which is why the pretty
girls (one of them is my wife) at the reception of endeavor for me, and is absolutely false that I don't greet!
When you speak badly of my hotel, and remains anonymous, because you are not signed, it runs the risk of being poorly
educated (like me). I beg you not to look like me!
Why you would two too many like me in this world so happy!

When they say that the hotel is dirty, I feel dirty my self
When they say the hotel is old, I feel old my self
When they say that the hotel is bad, I feel bad my self
For me because my job is very important, and is really a big part of my life.
I'm sorry to had made you angry.

I appeal to all readers of trip advisor and I invite you to attend my hotel, because the Waldorf Palace Hotel Cattolica,
has great value for money!

The Director
Edgardo Nonni
hasselt
Reviewed 5 August 2010

* Echt een aanrader dit hotel niets op aan te merken volgend jaar ga ik zeker terug het eten was perfect kamers heel mooi en proper altijd heel goede sevice vriendelijke mensen echt een 10.
* Veramente raccomandare questo hotel niente di cui lamentarsi l'anno prossimo sarò di ritorno il cibo era perfettamente pulito e molto piacevole sevice camere molto buona è la gente sempre cordiale veramente consigliato.Saluti dal belgio ci vediamo il prossimo anno lorenzo

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business