Hotel San Marco
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cristallo(Cattolica)
Hotel La Fenice(Cattolica)
1,278 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbuffet stylegreat hotellovely foodhalf boardsmall poolnext yearhotel is situatedperfect locationsea viewstefaniagpbeachseptemberriminimeterssunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This was our third time we had stayed at the San Marco and this time we took 7 friends who were there to visit the Rimini Wellness fair like us. This hotel has all the ingredients for the perfect holiday. It has the ideal location overlooking the sea, is in the heart of the town where all the amenities are located and is well priced. More than any of that however are the staff who without exception go far beyond what is expected of them to make your stay memorable. I will continue to sing the praises of this hotel as I really feel it has become a part of me and you can book my Room 206 for next year as I'll definitely be back.
Well done to all!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for only three nights when the motogp was on, our biggest mistake was not booking for longer! Apon arrival we were in awe of the beautiful, warm, blue sky location. We live in Australia right on one of the most scenic beaches and are used to seaside living but this city was something else!
When entering the hotel we were promptly greeted by a very happy face (Stefania) with a much needed complimentary drink and checking in was no fuss at all.
When stepping into in our room we were firstly impressed by the modern design and relived to see a very comfortable bed! The room was immaculately clean and full of natural light, when we walked out onto our balcony overlooking the beach and square we couldn't believe our luck, the view was phenomenal, something I will never forget for the rest of my days!
During our stay we didn't have dinner at the hotel because we wanted to see the city but each morning the breakfast was a treat, fresh food and an abundant amount of everything from fresh fruit, cerial, yoghurt, bacon, sausages and eggs plus loads more, being so active during the day breakfast was important and I'm pretty sure I put on a few kilos each morning hahaha.
The service here was unbelievable, and is really where this place was different and out shined all others on out long Europe trip. We were lucky enough to have Stefania on the desk during our stay, we found Stefania to be happy, friendly, polite and hilarious! She really did make our stay memorable and went far beyond her job description to help us, for example, I bought a leather race suit at the motogp and needed to ship it back to Australia as it was way to heavy to carry during our trip. I had no idea how to get it home (especially speaking little Italian) and was very very worried I had just wasted €700, when I explained my worry to Stefania she took it apon herself to search for a way to ship it home, another gentleman behind the desk gave me a suitable box and everything I needed to securely package it. Stefania organized the package to be posted at the post office, hand wrote me a letter to hand in at the post translating exactly what I needed and the suit made it home, all done with a smile and a lot of jokes between turning a stressful situation into a pleasant one. Stefania I cannot thank enough, she is a credit to this hotel and really should get a huge pay rise ;-)
Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable, it was the highlight of our holiday. We will be back and I recommend anyone and everyone to do the same!

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank just-want-to-ride
DavideBatt, Direttore at Hotel San Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

We are very proud to know that San Marco hotel helped you to find out about Cattolica and to love it (Cattolica is not only the sea). Our aim is also to let discover you the beauty of our land.
Such as a detailed and enthusiastic review made us feel very gratified towards the efforts we spend every day to make every guest feel at home.
We all and Stefania thank you so much.
A hug to you and goodbye to Moto Gp 2013!
Davide & Yvonne

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We originally planned to stay for four nights based on the reviews here. However we decided to stay for another three nights as the hotel and staff were just perfect. The location is excellent, just a few steps to the beach, shopping and restaurants, with underground parking at the hotel.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, the food is copious, varied and of good quality. We stayed on the "Happy" half board deal which included beach and loungers, wine and mineral water with meals, free coffee and soft drinks all day, and underground secure parking. We found this to be excellent value for money.

The best feature of the hotel is the owners and staff, everyone is exceptionally helpful and pleasant and made our stay so enjoyable. Special thanks to Stephania on reception for the Italian lessons and our waitress Flavia who was always smiling. We were sorry to leave.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AgnewLenzieScotland
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

Had 3 rms. For 4 nites &food was excellent. def. Will return. Many extrxa inc., beach chairs, umbrella, parking.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank agostino_10
Roxxella, Direttore at Hotel San Marco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear “Agostino”, as told to the rest of your family some review ago, let us say that we deserve 5 stars for our wonderful guests! :)
Hope to see you soon again and thanks a lot for those words and for the pictures!
Davide, Yvonne and staff.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed 4 nights at San Marco between June 24-28, 2012. Location was great, right next to the beach and all activities are within walking distance. We had full board. You must be able to eat a lot because the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner was incredible. The amount and variety of food was vast. The quality of the food was also very good. The hotel was a real value because it included a lot of amenities that are extra at other hotels.

Mostly italians stayed here. Young families with the young children. There were also people from Holland and Denmark since this is popular destination for these countries. I didn't meet any Americans on our stay in Cattolica.

I most express our gratitude and appreciation to the owners and staff of the hotel. This is a hands on, family run hotel. They really care about you and will go out of the way for you. Sara and Stephanie did a great job along with Jean Marie (not sure of spelling. It was also a pleasure to meet Chiara and Marc and her parents who are the owners.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gus1959
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear family A.,
thank you for this great review! It was a true pleasure for us to meet you, and we are happy in reading your words, especially about the restaurant: we personally take care of it with chef Simone and it’s a huge satisfaction for us when guests appreciate it.
Gian Maria (but Jean Marie is nice too!), Sara and Stefania thank you for your compliments, Chiara and Mark thank you also for the add on Facebook!
Actually Cattolica is not yet a popular destination for Americans and it’s too bad because our guests from USA are always very nice and funny…as you are! I’m sure that your review can be a good commercial for us, thank you again! :)
Hope to see you soon again
All the best