2,816 results
All reviews bolero holidays lazy river ice cream mobile home next year on site blu bar pizza rotisserie chicken all ages bouncy castle al mare aqua parks the bus horse riding busy road family holiday
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Booked this holiday 16 months ago to ensure we could get Bolero Holidays. Great accommodation in a great location, close to shop, bakery, ice cream, pizza takeaway etc. Staff at Bolero are great, and Karen helped with all my queries regarding boats/buses. I had read mixed reviews regarding the mosquitos & the almost harsh regime of how the campsite was run prior to my visit, & was wondering if this would spoil the trip a little. Not so. My youngest is normally plagued by mosquitos so we just took more precautions than normal, he only had 4 bites. They were bigger than normal but were not a problem. I can honestly say I found the site nothing but an extremely well run & well kept place. Loads of great shops (the glass shop especially) & places to eat. Even the checkout process the day before we left was fine, & we collected our passports at 7.15 am from the night porter, easy. The pool areas were amazing, the Laguna was our favourite. I had read a complaint about how hard the sand had been & how you couldn't walk on it and it spoilt the complex. Nonsense!! It was lovely. There were loads of lifeguards about making sure everybody was ok. We got a 72 hour boat/bus ticket from the information office & toured around Venice, Murano and Burano. The bus comes into the site sometimes, or you get it across the road. Well run & well worth it. 48 euros for 72 hours. Recommend visiting Venice & the Islands. That's the reason we went to Union Lido in the first place & we wouldnt hesitate to go back.

1  Thank JulesH1963
camping_unionlido, Quality at Union Lido Camping Lodging Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Campsite.

We are glad that you could experience our Campsite as a whole, with all the services and shops it has to offer, along with the beauties of our territory.

We would really love to have you back in 2017, to show you all the novelties we have planned for the new season!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

This venue is huge and has amazing facilities but it was for me ruined by a plague of giant voracious mosquitos. The reps on site said that the place is sprayed weekly to control the problem but it was 2 weeks with no spray when we were there. They can't do it in the rain but there were ample dry days to do it. I emailed the site management and received no reply at all during my stay. I realise that these are natural problems in these environments but the lack of pest control and lack of communication is not good enough for a "5 star" camping site.

Room Tip: Many providers of rooms in site. Some are much nicer than others.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Adamb691
camping_unionlido, Quality at Union Lido Camping Lodging Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our campsite.

We have sorry that during your stay you have been plagued by the mosquitoes.
Still, the campsite management has done everything in it's power to prevent our Guest's discomfort.

In March we usually begin carrying out extensive larvicide treatments around the campsite, even if the presence of the insects is not yet evident.
As for the adulticide treatments, it is true that they haven't been carried out for two weeks, but rather than lack of communication, the weather forecast was responsible:

Even if some days were indeed sunny, the weather forecast was really terrible, thus the pest control company was not booked on those days. Still, even if those days were dry and sunny, the windy weather would have made the treatment largely uneffective.

Most probably, the large amount of mosquitoes is also connected with the fact that ususally the first of june coincide with the hatching of the eggs. This results in mosquito "clouds", as they are called.

Regarding you email, we are extremely sorry if you didn't receive an answer.
Yet, in our database we have only two emails regarding mosquitoes, and both were answered the day after they were received. Could it be that the address you sent it to was incorrect or incomplete?

Thank you again for your kind review.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We stopped with Bolero Holidays and had it booked for over a year, and weren't disappointed. From the friendly greeting when we arrived to the brilliant Bolero staff all week. Accommodation was very clean and looked new, with all everything that was needed was included. A trip to Venice is a must - get the €24 24 hour day trip ticket so you have access to all the public transport once you're there. Plenty of restaurants to choose from and an excellent bakery, but get there early for a better choice. Nice clean private beach and two pools to choose from. One minus point us that on checking out, due to flight times and bus-to-airport times, unbeknown to us we had to leave during the siesta and were made to feel like naughty school children. But that aside, a great place to spend the week.

1  Thank Ro3ert
camping_unionlido, Quality at Union Lido Camping Lodging Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your precious opinion regarding our campsite.

We are pleased to read that your stay in our campsite has been a satisfying, relaxing experience.
We are glad that you colud fully appreciate the marvellous possibilities offered by our territory.

We apologize if you feel like being treated with rudeness by our staff- yet, as clearly stated in the campsite's regulation (which is available in any tour operator's reception as well), Guests who have reserved and already paid for their stays with Tour Operators should preferably check-out, pay for any extras and for the tourist tax on the day prior to their departure.
This said, no regulation is an excuse for rudeness, and we renew our apology to you.

We would be glad to greet you again at our campsite soon!
Bes regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

As it was early season the weather was a bit mixed at times however this did not dampen our experience! This place is amazing. It is beautiful and so clean. We stayed with canvas holidays who have brand new caravans in site. We were the first to stay in ours and it was beautiful. The canvas reps Mr. And Mrs. Sears were exceptional in their support of our holiday going out of their way to help us whenever we needed them. The site itself is beautiful the beach the pools etc. just faultless. We ate in two restraints one overlooking the see and another designed in an authentic Italian style. Both were excellent. I hired a car which was ideal as it was £100 for a week and worked out cheaper than transfers. My advice is to go to Euro spin supermarket two miles left of the site. It's half the price of the on site supermarket. Wine is 1.75 euro. Prosecco 3.25 euro and limoncello 6.5 euro for 1.5 liters. Beer is cheap too. We took children 11,9 and 8. They were thoroughly entertained for the entire stay. I can't fault this holiday destination. Oh I forgot to mention Venice. 18 euro for bus and water bus from union lido to punta sabioni then then water bus to Venice. 24 euro for bus from Union lido to punta sabioni and then to Venice and it three other islands. I highly recommend visiting Burano which is stunning!
Nearly forgot Venice because the site is so good you don't really need to leave it!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank PabloandLisi
camping_unionlido, Quality at Union Lido Camping Lodging Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our campsite.

We are glad that you could appreciate the beauty of our countryside, and that you had a pleasant stay in our camp.
We sincerely hope to have you back as soon as possible!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I recently started a new job which meant I had to cancel my 3 week camping trip to Union Lido.
This was very disappointing as the family and I were really looking forward to going.
I requested a refund as I put quite a large deposit down and received an excellent service so I am adding this review to let people know that Union Lido are very fair and promptly repaid the money.
I understand this is supposed to be a review of the site but felt this information may help some people.

4  Thank nub34

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review.

We are sorry that this time your holiday couldn't work out as planned,
but maybe we will able to greet you at our campsite in the next season!