“Excellent hotel. Would stay again!”
Review of Cefalu Sea Palace

Cefalu Sea Palace
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Cefalu
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here during the busiest time in mid August. Our rep told us that the hotel was completely full, but that didn't impact on the brilliant service we received.

The location is superb - a 10 minute walk to Cefalu town centre and a private beach just across the road. As the beach belonged to the hotel, we were shown to four free loungers by a member of staff once we got there. This saved the usual stressful hunt for space! The beach also has toilets and a bar. The hotel actually gives out free beach towels to guests, so you can save room in your suitcase by not having to pack one yourself. The pool was also lovely, just the right temperature, with plenty of loungers free.

Our rooms were spotless and the maids serviced them with new clean towels everyday. The shower was particularly good. We also had a nice balcony. We asked for extra pillows at reception and were given them immediately. All the staff at reception and the restaurant were friendly, talkative and helpful. Wifi is also free in every room and quite fast. Useful if you can't tear yourself away from your smartphone...

We picked the half board option, so had breakfast and dinner in the hotel. The food is great - a good mix of authentic Sicilian stuff and familiar favourites (e.g. bacon and eggs for the Brits!) The rooftop restaurant has amazing views across the bay. We went up there for 7:30 on a few nights to catch the sunset. Our stay also coincided with an Italian bank holiday, when an amazing seafood buffet was served on the private beach, along with live music. You could see everyone had worked hard preparing it.

If I'm picky, the one thing I didn't agree with was how strict the hotel is in regards to food/drink in rooms. They said not to use the mini bar for personal use, but I think it would be better if guests were at least allowed to store their own water in it (rather than having to pay for the mini bar bottles each time). This is only a minor thing though. On the whole, I enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Emma R

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We returned home from our second visit at the Cefalu sea palace hotel on Sunday 27th July. Everything was as we remembered from last year. The hotel was spotless throughout and all the staff without exception were all very friendly. We made an error with our booking and subsequently were not allocated a room we were hoping for. In the event our Thomson rep Lisa in conjunction with the hotel, arranged for us move rooms, at no additional cost, for which we very much appreciated. It was our 33rd wedding anniversary whilst we were there and on that day a beautifully chilled bottle of wine and bowl of fruit were delivered to our new room together with a card from the hotel management. We had a number of late night drinks at the pool bar and one delightful dinner at the rooftop restaurant. There was always a welcome from the staff at the beach bar. Alessia even remembered my husband from last year. We are already considering booking for 2015 and would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Pool and sea view rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 271Elizabeth57
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Sea Palace Hotel , Cefalu. Aug 3 - 10 , 2014.

Ok. If you are looking to book the best hotel in Cefalu with everything under the sun , then book this one.

I took my daughter ( 14 ) to this lovely hotel and from start to finish , we were very impressed.

I was so happy to have chosen the "best" in Cefalu and here is why.

The rooms are spotless - lovely shower - lovely balcony - lovely pool with jacuzzi bit - lovely bar - all the staff are happy and smiley and friends ( even added a few to my Facebook ) - food is amazing with breakfast choice being amazing - evening meal absolutely perfect especially on the rooftop restaurant - other times by the outside bar on the grass or near the pool with a lovely singer.

The private beach where you always have a lounger is perfect with 2 superb lifeguards and a bar and excellant lunch and ALSO toilets on the beach owned by the hotel so you dont have to dash back across the road to the hotel.

My daughter and I made some great friends with the head waiter Aldo, a life guard Marco, the bar lady at the beach Aleissa, a receptionist Fabrizio and many of the guests :-)

You have a problem at this hotel and they WILL sort it. Everything was fantastic and Cefalu is amazing as its unspoilt and has lovely narrow cobbled streets and markets and fab restaurants and shops for clothes with lovely Sicilians.

The sea is so warm too and there are plenty of excursions to go on like Mt Etna or walk up La Rocca, or boat trips and too many too mention.

I am still in a holiday mood now even tho' back home!

Well done to all at Cefalu and thanks to Mr Lombardo for his excellant hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better sea views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank AndyJamesSmith
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My partner & I spent two weeks at the hotel in July. This hotel is excellent, it's facilities are excellent, it is spotlessly clean, breakfast food was as you'd expect with a good selection.

While the front of house staff may get all the plaudits, I would to give a special thanks to the restaurant staff and the maids who a great job.

We never ate at the hotel in the evening choosing to walk into Cefalu town centre where you have a good choice of restaurants to choose from.

A walk up La Rocca is a must as the views are stunning, we also took the train to Palermo to see the Cathedral which was stunning.

Room Tip: Rooms 324 to room 3200 have great views of the pool and the sea..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Pete C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I returned to the Cefalù Sea Palace hotel, where we love to be. It is a very good hotel, very well situated with a private beach and pool area. Everybody in the staff are extremely friendly and everyone has a smile and a greeting ready at hand. The rooms are clean and fresh, the people in the reception are very helpful, the beach bar is excellent as is the restaurant. Half board is very good value!
Sture L

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sture L
Reviewed 25 July 2014

In May I spent a two-week holiday in Sicily at the Cefalu Sea Palace, for my 70th birthday. The hotel and staff were truly excellent but I have to give special credit to Vicenzo, the head chef. Not only did he provide very good four-course meals every evening but I had the best service ever in a hotel for my medical need for a strict gluten-free diet. He provided wonderfully creative courses, especially deserts, which are usually the most difficult for me. I came home seven pounds heavier rather than the usual seven pounds lighter. Arleene Piercy

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Arleene P
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I returned to Cefalu after 43 years and it is still a beatiful place to visit. We highered a car and drove for just over an hour from Palermo airport to the hotel, which has its own car park. The Cefalu Sea Palace is well well situated adjacent to the sea front. It has its own private area of beach and is within a short stroll from the centre of Cefalu. The service in the hotel is excellent and Fabrizio went out of his way to make our visit a memerable one. I read a number of reviews before booking this hotel and was concerned at a couple of the comments but, having been to this hotel, I could not fault it. The food in the hotel is marvellous and there are some suberb restaurants in Cefalu if you want to eat outside the hotel. John and Janet. Bristol

Room Tip: We had a garden room and it was lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple