“Owner very attentive”
Review of Nna Principi

Nna Principi
Ranked #78 of 128 Restaurants in Cefalu
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 50 metres from the Duomo
Niceville, Florida
“Owner very attentive”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We just stopped in for lunch without researching, just on a whim. The food was average which for Sicily is still better then most Italian restaurants in the States. The one thing that was striking, however, was the owner's attentiveness. Even though he had a waiter and waitress on duty, he was watching everyone like a hawk to make sure the service was right. He even took over waiting when he thought something wasn't being done to his standards. Not in a derisive manner toward his staff, but more as an example of how things should be done. I liked his service-oriented approach. The atmosphere was laid back and we were able to take our time and relax into the meal as one might expect in this part of the world where food is life not just a meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“A place with bad service”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I ordered a seafood dish. After a while I discovered a big hair in it. I put it on another plate, and told the waitress. She just shrugged and removed the plate with the hair. That was it, no other action was taken in order to make up for this. The check was also incorrect.

1 Thank JojjeEek
Dublin Ireland
“superb service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

W had 1 lunch and 2 dinners here during a five day trip to Cefalu. The menu was quite varied. It had a very homely atmosphere and extremely pleasant staff who were all family members. It is situated quite close to the duomo and has indoor and outdoor tables.
It can be difficult to get a light lunch in restaurants but the salad here was excellent, plentiful but not too heavy for warm days.

For our first dinner, we had salad and cheese a la griglia for starters followed by fish. We had a bottle of wine which was good value at 14 euro. I noticed a dish served in tinfoil going out to several tables. When I asked what it was, I was told it was a house fish special. I decided to have it on my next visit. What a good decision!
Next night ,we ordered the cheese starter, the fish special and the fish with almond sauce. I didn't recognise my fish special. They had decided to make it even more special for me because of the interest I had shown. Consequently instead of tinfoil My special arrived in a pie dish made of pizza dough. This was lined with a base of swordfish with an array of baby crab, mussels clams and vegetables nestled on top. It was fantastic and a really lovely surprise. We had a really nice red wine-surya nero d'avola. The fish with almond sauce was plentiful and excellent. We were given a liqueur gratis after our meal,
All of the meals we had here were excellent value. Many of the restaurants with sea views charged a lot more for lesser quality food We will definitely go back to this restaurant if we are in cefalu again

• Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great food, Great service... Love this place!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed in Cefalu for 6 days... ended up eating here 4 times!
Simply loved this place... Their food is fantastic, every dish was a triumph, their prices are so reasonable and the service is so warm and friendly, we genuinely felt we'd been going there for years.

My wife's vegetarian and they even had Mama come out from the kitchen and chat to her to adapt a number of dishes for her.

She'd recommend the Sicilian classic Pasta Alla Norma
and I'd recommend the Spaghetti alle Vongole.

Big up to Jelly and the staff!!!

• Visited July 2013
Somerset, UK
“Solid good value choice for home cooking”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is not a fine-dining experience but an unpretentious solid choice if you want well-cooked food and drink at a fair price. We had two lunches here but did not have the set menus for 16 or 20 Euros which looked particularly good value. The house wine, presented in reusable bottles was great, fresh chilled and very dry. In an evening it gets very busy and spills out across the road with outdoor tables.

• Visited August 2013