After carrying out lots and lots of research this hotel kept coming up with such fantastic reviews, so I decided to book a 3 night getaway for my Fiances Birthday. Before doing so, I emailed the hotel asking for information on a taxi from the airport, help with making my Fiances birthday special and the possibility of a last minute wedding, would you believe. Within no time at all the lovely Rosamaria had answered all my questions, I had no doubt that this was the hotel of choice. We took a bus from Palermo airport to Palermo city centre and then a train from Palermo to the town of Cefalu (which is stunning, with great restaurants) this took around an hour and a half in total and then a taxi to the hotel from Cefalu which was only a 10 minute ride.
Upon arrival this is where our amazing 3 night getaway started, and it is thanks to four people. Rosamaria (where nothing was ever to much trouble and she always had a smile), Carlos and Daniele who are the the waiters (again nothing was to much trouble, even organising lunch on the roof terrace) and the Manager who after asking where we could purchase sun tan cream, told us that he'll let us know, only to then have a knock at the door to discover that he actually went out to buy it for us as a gift.
The Hotel itself is immaculate, the room was fantastic, swimming pool was cold but refreshing and the roof terrace gave incredible views over Cefalu and lunch was also delicious.
Just some advice, I would put a little extra in your budget for taxi's into town at 15 euro one way, but it would be well worth it.
Overall an amazing retreat and a massive thank you to all of the staff mentioned with a special thank you to Rosamaria for making our stay extra wonderful. We can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic four star hotel with Mediterranean design, that can guarantee a "wonderful stay" for a couple's romantic getaway, a "relaxing holiday" for families with children, a "dream wedding feast " for bridal couples . The hotel offers its guests a stay of pure sea, thanks to its private beach of fine sand, but also the rediscovery of nature, thanks to the private access to the cliff. For those who wish to only enjoy the Sicilian sun, the hotel has a swimming pool surrounded by olive trees. The restaurant offers a rich and abundant intercontinental breakfast, light lunches to continue to enjoy the sea and also theme dinners to rediscover the Mediterranean cuisine. For those who love relaxation and tranquility immersed in nature, the hotel offers an efficient shuttle service just outside of Cefalù, and organizes excursions to all places of interest in Sicily as well as offering all of its facilities for a pleasant stay, from a large parking area protected from the sun to free Wi-Fi. It's time to find out how special we can make your holiday in Cefalù ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Baia del Capitano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Del Capitano Cefalu
- Baia Del Capitano Hotel Cefalu
- Hotel Baia Del Capitano Cefalu, Sicily