We stayed at Baia del Capitano for 2 weeks as part of a package holiday. Never again. On the positive side it is quiet, and our room (I suspect it was one of the better ones) had a nice balcony overlooking the pool, but I struggle to find anything else good to say about it. The room was very dated with a bed which had a battered and stained divan. The air conditioning was pretty well useless and nothing was/could be done about it despite both we and our tour rep complaining. The restaurant was unimaginative and getting a salad rather than the potatoes offered as vegatables most noghts was like pulling teeth! I think in 14 nights we had 2 good meals. The "buffet noghts" were the worst with a selection of mediocre and barely luke warm pasta and pizza on offer.
Baia del Capitano is about 3 miles from Cefalu and you cannot walk unless you're prepared to risk life and limb along the main road. In theory, the hotel has a "shuttle bus" which in practice is a Peugot Partner car driven by the porter/handyman and is not available after late afternoon - a time which varied from 1pm to 4:30pm during our stay. You can get a bus at the end of the sideroad however, but these stop at around 6:30pm so don't plan on being able to escape the awful restaurant unless you are prepared to pay 20 Euro taxi fare.
There are no shops nearby (though you can buy bottled water, beer and some small items at a nearby campsite.
It is close to the autostrada from Messina to Palermo, so if you just one a one night stop over it is probably tolerable. Otherwise give it a miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic four star hotel with Mediterranean design, that can guarantee a "wonderful stay" for a couple's romantic getaway, a "relaxing holiday" for families with children, a "dream wedding feast " for bridal couples . The hotel offers its guests a stay of pure sea, thanks to its private beach of fine sand, but also the rediscovery of nature, thanks to the private access to the cliff. For those who wish to only enjoy the Sicilian sun, the hotel has a swimming pool surrounded by olive trees. The restaurant offers a rich and abundant intercontinental breakfast, light lunches to continue to enjoy the sea and also theme dinners to rediscover the Mediterranean cuisine. For those who love relaxation and tranquility immersed in nature, the hotel offers an efficient shuttle service just outside of Cefalù, and organizes excursions to all places of interest in Sicily as well as offering all of its facilities for a pleasant stay, from a large parking area protected from the sun to free Wi-Fi. It's time to find out how special we can make your holiday in Cefalù ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Baia del Capitano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Del Capitano Cefalu
- Baia Del Capitano Hotel Cefalu
- Hotel Baia Del Capitano Cefalu, Sicily