Hotel Villa Belvedere
US$132
US$126
US$165
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2011

A nice family hotel with a sense of privacy. It´s up hills but only ca 150 m and close to the center and old Town of Cefalu. It´s a bargain price for a hotel with this situation. The pool is a must have in Sicily, summertime and is also a wery fresh pool area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank IngelaKarlstad
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Hotel Villa Belvedere is located on the hills of Cefalù 10 minutes walk from the city center and the beach. My husband and I stayed a week in beginning of July. We had booked a nice room with balcony and a beautiful view over the old town and the sea. We found room standard nice and clean, so we cannot understand what an earlier grumpy review comes from (I do not recognise the pictures so I believe they may have mixed it up with some other Belvedere hotel).

Hotel Villa Belevedere in Cefalù has a large and comfortable pool area, which is not crowded. The hotel breakfast is good - I just wish they would serve it around the pool area and not at the restaurant in basement floor - although you may bring it up by yourself if you want to.

The reception staff is very helpful and happy to recommend nice seafood restaurants of which we particularly liked Vecchia Marina in the old town . In addition to great Sicilian seafood, you can also enjoy the sunset over the Mediterranean. On your way back to the hotel, be prepared for quite a steep walk - but well needed after great italien food.

Cefalù is a place to return to, and Hotel Villa Belevedere is a nice place for your stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new part of the hotel, facing the old town and the sea can be booked at a moderate extra cost. Recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M_Bjornberg
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I think I will never suggest this hotel to anybody. I work in a travel agency in my country, and really believe me, it isn't a good hotel.

First of all, the breakfast. It was just a little croissant and a little baget on the plate, and you don't get more. No cheese or ham, just butter (if you arrived later, it wasn't butter), jam, and cornflakes.
My hotel room (207) was small, but ok. But the bathroom was really TERRIBLE. You can see my pictures. It was small and dirty. When we arrived, we find some hair and some unknowable dirties in the bathroom. Pfuuu
The hotel doesn't have own beach, so you have to pay for the bed and the umbrella, in the beach. The bed was 5 EUR/person/day, umbrella was 3 EUR/person/day.
the hotel has own pool, but you have to pay for the bed. :(
It wasn't a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Vivien-PP
Reviewed 8 October 2007

Having spent a week in Hotel Villa Belevedere, Cefalu in September I felt I had to write as I am not sure where some of the other reviews are coming from.

My husband is Italian and I am Irish/English and both of us went with my cousin from Dublin for a week's stay. My husband and I both know Cefalu very well but had never stayed at this hotel before.

With regard to Franco the owner we found him to be courteous, helpful and very kind in ALL his dealings with ALL guests in the hotel at the time of our stay. My husband was not well for a day during the time we were there and he couldn't have been kinder. With regard to making a fast bob (as in one comment) on the hotel website he never pretends to be anyone else charging for the transfer and at end of day if he is providing service why shouldn't he be paid. Having gone to Cefalu regularly since 1991 I can assure you a taxi from Palermo would not be cheaper than the 90 euros advertised on the hotel website and it is not cheaper to go by taxi from hotel to centre of Cefalu than the 7 euros owner charged us. When we arrived at airport he was awaiting someone coming in from Milan and while we waited he bought us a meal!

Swimming pool in hotel was spotless and the room we had on first floor we couldn't find any complaints with - only minor one in agreement with one other comment - shower cubicle a little on the small side.

All in all we had a good stay and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Belfast2_7
Reviewed 4 October 2007

STAY AWAY from this awful hotel. We were given a terrible room (had a nice sea view) with a shower that sprayed water everywhere except downwards. The manager/owner made Basil Fawlty look like a real charmer and we high tailed it out of there after one night!

Stayed: September 2007