“Traditional ambiance”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Quite a way from the main tourist attraction the trattoria is very typical to serve the transatlantic taste. You will enjoy the very attentive staff and the menu with "local" specialities - even the sweet water fish. Choose any dish from the menu and you will be happy both with taste and artistic serving

1  Thank Max120368

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We booked this for our wedding anniversary because of Trip Advisor reviews & were not disappointed. Friends had recommended Catto Nero but due to the very differing views we went with this one due to the consistently positive comments here.

Food was incredible, nothing über fancy but the chef seems to know flavours & how to combine them well. Home made pasta, best fois gras I think I've possibly ever had & a wine list that I don't think I ever got to the end of! Service was exceptional & the chef/owner came out to greet everyone personally. Price wasn't over the top either, €80 for both of us to eat 2 pasta dishes, share a starter, a bottle of wine & 2 glasses of prosecco to celebrate.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank Hydraxia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Lovely local restaurant only minutes from the Villa D'este, though genuinely challenging to find and requires you to park a short walk away, across from the local cemetery (ugh). But once you get passed those two issues, this is a terrific little trattoria, with home cooking, a pretty good wine list, not overly expensive and you'll be well cared for (and made most welcome) by the accomodating family run staff. Also, some of the views of Lake Como you will take in as you ascend the mountain to reach Trattoria del Glacine are just beautiful.

1  Thank topshelfplease
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I go to Villa d'Este in Cernobbio every July for a week plus. For the last two years, we dined here.

First, it is breathtakingly beautiful with Wisteria blooming everywhere.

Second, it is a class act operation that is well managed, well run, and über professional. (Family run and their restaurant is their passion. Son has great business acumen and returned from Canada to run with chef/father)

Third, the main courses are unbelievable. I am not a big fan of lamb, but (this year we went twice and on the first visit) I asked the lady waiting on us to choose for me and she chose the lamb. Let me correct my previous comment... I used to not be a fan of lamb. When we returned for the second time in the same week, I encouraged another gentleman and my 16 year old daughter to get the lamb (I got it again as well) and it was even more delicious the second time. By the end of the meal, when we weren't gnawing on the lamb bones, we were making plans to hire shepherds and raise lambs, so that we could dine on lamb regularly. But, the truth is only Glicine could do lamb justice as far as my palate is concerned.

Also, wine recommendations were great. The full experience was 5 stars.

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Visited in July '13 with some business colleagues. A family run Italian restaurant that offers home cooked food to an excellent standard.

Great setting overlooking Lake Como, this is one not to be missed