STRUCTURE: grand palace overlooking the lake, soft colors of the facade, some rooms in the main building, others in private villas on the lake, within a well-kept garden.
LOBBYING: setting with high ceilings with uniformed personnel ready to welcome you.
ROOMS: sad, dark, dark, with no particular value, very basic furniture such as a three star hotel, view from the room on fire-fighting stairs, marble bathroom with hair previous clients, all stained with dirt and mold in the corners. Corridors to the rooms style cruise ship, the only particularly valuable corridors of fire extinguishers, fire fighting, then nothing else you can imagine.
RESTAURANT: a cafeteria, people coming and going is people, waiters rush between tables, poor quality of every dish, impersonal, for parties, banquets and business meetings. Restaurant in the pool like eating on the beach in a bath of Riccione.
SWIMMING: small pool on the lake without any type of service, cold water.
PERSONAL: all employees are in uniform, prepared to welcome American tourists trying to squeeze tips at full blast. The manager really annoying, want to be right on everything and does not listen to customers who may have more experience than he in the hospitality industry, as can be seen from the answers on tripadvisor, I inspected the 'Hotel three times within three years and no improvement has never been made nor any Board of dissatisfied customers was never put into practice.
OVERALL: Potentially a five-star, but would have to close for at least two years and make a general restyling of all the rooms and restaurant. And thus be ready to receive all types of clientele from all over the world and not only customers from the covers of newspapers (those are always satisfied)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy