My wife and I spent 4 lovely nights at this wonderful hotel. Amazing old Villa right on the lake. 5 minute walk from the centre of Cernobbio. Great service, spotlessly clean and world best location.
Couple of issues:
- the bed is very hard. This seems to be quite common across Italy.
- the lake view suites are amazing but you need to be aware, a piano player/singer belts out songs outside your window most nights until midnight. A fellow sweeps the gravel every morning at 6.00am. Not a place for light sleepers.
- air conditioning in the gym doesn't work and is quite warm. A number of guests commented on this to the attendant when I was having a workout and were effectively told they were wrong.
This is a very nice, quite formal hotel probably better suited to more mature travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy