So even though a little too opulent for our taste, the hotel is superb. The grounds are magnificent with gardens, trails, fountains and beautiful old ruins adjacent that can be climbed albeit with some effort given their location high above the hotel. The lake is beautiful though no opportunity to enjoy given the rain and fog.
Our room was spacious corner room with garden and lake views. Comfortable king bed and decent sized marble bath with both shower and tub. Ambient temperature control wasn't working so we opened a window to cool a too warm room.
A large buffet breakfast was included and very tasty. We chose to eat dinner in the Grill restaurant, the more casual but still fancy restaurant. Dinner was delicious, cocktails fabulous. Only issue was pricing which quite frankly was outrageous. We have had many meals at fine restaurants in Italy including some with great views and paid half of the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy