We booked the Villa Malakoff, which is on the grounds of the Villa d'Este resort, for ourselves and another couple. It was easily the most incredible place we have ever stayed. The resort itself is so beautiful, with grounds that look like something from the movies! Our check-in experience was very easy and welcoming. The villa sits at the top of a steep driveway just short distance away from the main building. It includes 4 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms on the second & third floors, as well as a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, living room and powder room on the first floor. There is also an amazing terrace on the ground floor and a balcony off the second floor's main bedroom. And the neatest thing - our very own elevator!
Champagne was waiting for us when we arrived. We took it out on our terrace and toasted the winding down of a wonderful trip to Italy. Then we explored the villa. There was a big bowl of fruit in the dining room and fresh flowers in most of the rooms. The refrigerator was fully stocked with water, soda, juices (even peach nectar!). There were bowls full of delicious candy in the dining room and living room. The terrace and balcony had an awning that was electronically controlled with an inside switch to arrange it "just so" as the sun set.
The two "master" bedroom suites were perfect; one had a balcony and the other a smaller outside area overlooking the lake. They also had lots of windows with shutters on the outside so the windows themselves could be kept open at night while the shutters kept the bugs out. I think my favorite thing about the villa was the heated floors throughout. It was completely comfortable walking around barefoot, or in the nice bedroom slippers they provided. Beds were very comfortable and en-suite bathrooms were large and luxurious. They all had very nice rain showers and the two larger ones had soaking tubs.
Everywhere you look, the Villa d'Este logo appears; it is even etched into all the glasses in the kitchen! A scrumptious buffet breakfast was included; Made-to-order omelets, eggs Benedict, French toast, yogurt, meats & cheeses, all kinds of pastries & desserts, mimosas, served in the beautiful Veranda dining room.
We all had to put our heads together to come up with any areas of improvements, and the only one we could think of was the lack of hand/dish towels in the kitchen. We made do, but a couple of soft towels (with the Villa d'Este logo, of course!) hanging in the kitchen would be convenient.
All in all, we absolutely loved our villa, the resort, the town of Cernobbio and Lake Como. We definitely want to return and stay again at this amazing, beautiful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy