We have just returned from a 2 night stay at villa d'Este for our 10th wedding anniversary. The trip had been booked for some time but for years I had wanted to come to this hotel. We weren't disappointed. From the minute we walked through the door it was a wonderful experience. The setting on the lake as we walked to our room literally took your breath away. Just so stunning. Our room was amazing with 3 balconies overlooking the lake (whatever the cost a lake view has to be worth it). The famous service was as good as reputed to be. The grounds were beautiful and we had the grand finale to our stay with the concorso d'Eleganza - the most stunning cars parading through, an event that goes back to 1929.
Of course it isn't cheap but you go there knowing that you are paying for an experience that might be a once in a lifetime one. Villa D'Este will always have a special place in our memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy