If you miss staying here you really have missed something extraordinary.
First of all, Villa D'Este has an old world charm and craftsmanship that is breathtaking. The grounds, gardens, sculptures, mosaics are amazing and immaculately kept.
Second, the staff, to a person, could not be kinder. From the moment you arrive, you feel as if you are a guest in the home of an extraordinarily gracious host.
Third, they have so many nice and welcoming touches. The breakfast that they offer guests daily as part of the room rate is wonderful, in both the selection, quality and ambiance. You are greeted in your room with a chilled bottle of Vino Spumante. There are fresh flowers daily in both your room and your bathroom. Cookies were delivered to the room with a lovely note from the General Manager, Danilo Zacchetti. Nightly, with the perfect turndown service, they not only replenish anything you have used in your room, but they leave you mineral water and heavenly chocolates. They have a wonderfully talented man playing piano nightly on the outside lake terrace that adds to the romance of this magnificent hotel.
Forth, the food is indescribable. The first night, tired from travel, we ordered room service and discovered they have a pasta of the day, in our case pasta with clams. It was superb. Whatever you do, do not miss eating dinner in the Veranda Restaurant. There is no doubt that I will remember the meal always. The originality, the flavor pairings, the presentation, the service were all truly amazing. They do require jacket and ties, but there is no unpleasant attitude here or anywhere on the property.
Some people have pointed out the cost. I would start by saying that it is commensurate with other places of this caliber and what they provide is far more. I love to travel and travel extensively. Someone told me this is one of the best hotels in the world. I could not agree more. Treat yourself to Villa D'Este. You will not forget it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy