“Small, lovely setting and excellent wine selection”

Ristorante Pizzeria Tom & Jerry
Ranked #43 of 54 Restaurants in Cernobbio
Price range: US$24 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The name was a but off-putting but decided to give it a try and were very happy. Offers different local traditional dishes and a great variety of pizzas. Can cater to the budget traveler as well as to the 'splurgy' ones.
Excellent, wine selection. After puzzling over the wine list decided to go for the 'vino della casa' and were surprised by a fantastic Cabernet.
Definitely an affordable ristorante, a must if you are on a budget given that prices in the area can be quite scary.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The pizza was good but service was not good. I stood in the front of the restaurant for about 5 minutes waiting for someone to ask me if they could help or anything. Staff even walked by me and just kept walking. I looked in the other room so they would see me and they were having a big lunch and could care less about helping me even when they saw me. I know this is typical European service but still some of the worst. At least tell me I see you and give us a minute. The pizza was decent but nothing great but it was cheap.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travel to Italy on a regular basis and this was one of the worst meals I have ever had in Italy. The wine was even worse, which may have been down to my selection, but there is no excuse for such poor food. The waiter forgot to put the wine on the official bill, but asked for the amount separately in cash. Stay away from here

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This restaurant offers good Italian home cooking at its best with very pleasant service.We thoroughly enjoyed polenta and spezzatini (fine pieces of beef casseroled) at lunchtime and returned in the evening for another meal. This time we had one of their massive salads, which was excellent although there was a bit of a mix up as the waiter misheard me ( I speak fluent Italian) and brought me tagliata de pollo, instead of insalata de pollo, which was reflected in the bill. However, he admitted his mistake and refunded the difference. This was somewhat spoiled by the fact that my husband requested some raw onion with his salad and was charged €1.50 for 4 rings of onion, yes rings not slices. We paid this under protest, but apparently the owner would not take it off the bill. This was a great pity, as otherwise the food and service was good.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Avoid tables near to the road which can be busy. Our first visit was spoilt by having to wait, in spite of asking, far too long for our Pizzas. The second time was fine, good service and food