“Superb seafood risotto”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

On one weeks stay in Cernobbio, we had dinner at this place 3 times.
Excelent food and service. The seafood risotto was the best we ever tasted!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

When strolling by the lakeshore around lunchtime I noticed L'Onda's terrace heaving with al fresco diners and smart looking waiters dashing around. Looked a likely place I thought and we sat down at the only small table still free. Instant service, and 2 Cynars and soda were at hand within minutes, while we perused the menu. I asked the waiter what the chef's signature dish was. This guy turned out to be the owner, Luca, a charming gent who said the seafood Spaghetti was the best he'd ever tasted! His recipe! I followed his suggestion and how right he was. It really was a very special dish with the freshest of seafood in abundance. My companion had a risotto fungi which I made sure I tasted. It had a depth of flavour and texture that I can only describe as incredible.
All this was washed down with some local spring water and a bottle of white Terre Lariane which my new friend Luca explained was from relatively new plantings of the once almost extinct Verdes grape up at the northern end of the lake, above a village of the same name, Domaso. A wonderfully fragrant and refreshing wine at a very affordable price. Having eaten so well we enjoyed a large espresso and a complimentary Grappa. A well run establishment
serving wonderful food from a comprehensive menu that will soon boast Hungarian Goulash
for those cold winter nights. Ambiance was perfect, service exemplary and the only downside
I can think of was the rather underwhelming interior decor, but we sat outside looking at the lake, and the lavatories could use a makeover sometime soon. But in no way do those observations detract from what was a most satisfactory lunchtime experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had a great lunch here with friends. The asparagus soup was very tasty and the risotto with mushrooms was perfectly cooked and full of flavour. The service was attentive but not intrusive. It was extremely good value for money. It is in a great location overlooking the lake and we would highly recommend it for a catch-up with friends.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Nice open air restaurant close to the Como lake. Beautiful environment and view. Good for a quick lunch or for a pizza but please forget your high level expectations. Typical place for tourists, local people never go the place like this. The food is so-so, the service is also so-so.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

After a horrific experience at a restaurant nearby we ventured into a unremarkable looking place called L'Onda. What a night!! superlative cooking, a party atmosphere where friends were made and a waiter who knew his wines without selling up. Fantastic value, awesome atmosphere and gorgeous people.