“Great small hotel in Lake Como”
Review of Hotel Centrale

Hotel Centrale
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cernobbio
Cincinnati
“Great small hotel in Lake Como”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a nice little boutique type hotel in the middle of the action. Walk across the street to the lakefront, beautiful location! Room was very nice, bathroom was updated and adequate. The staff was super nice, very helpful with any questions we had. Breakfast was good, just enough. Train station not too far. Overall, a memorable stay.

Room Tip: I had a great room with a small balcony overlooking restaurant. Very nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Thank you for your great review, for me it's very important to know what our guests think about of the hotel centrale, so I can give all the time the best service to all our guest.

In the certain that I can have you here again like our best guest, this to have personally the possibility to give to you a little present

have a nice day

Giorgio Dugoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

I have to rate this hotel. I got a single room with a double bed. It wasn't very spacious, but it made up for that with it's charm. There is a restaurant in the lobby area, and the staff for the whole place was terrific. They spoke English very well...I is very close to the lake. There are hop on and hop off buses you can get the tickets for at the lobby. Unfortunately it was raining and I never saw the bus before I left. This is a very family friendly establishment. Highly recommend!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
dear friend, I thank you for your review, is easy for me to respond to this review, what can I say ..... what we try to do is to give our customers the opportunity to spend a few days in a youthful and informal , our boys in the restaurant speak English and our menus are translated into 3 languages​​, and most importantly ....... do an excellent cuisine.

I hope I have the chance to have her as our guest, so you can personally greet and give her a small gift.

a warm greeting
Cislago, Italy
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a great unpretentious hotel in the center of Cernobbio, about 200 m from Lake Como. The rooms have been refurbished, the bathrooms have been redone and updated from plastic shower stalls to large real porcelain showers. The staff is young and friendly. The restaurant is really good--even when I am not staying at the Hotel, I have never been disappointed. There is private free parking for guests of the hotel and clients of the restaurant. The beds are large and comfortable. TVs are new flat screens with great reception and international channels. There is alot of action on the weekend, you must book in advance. I've been staying here on and off over 6-7 years and I have to say that this hotel only gets better.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside, not on the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank barbaraGeneva
Thank you for your great review, I appreciate that every year you come you find that we have made some improvement, for me it's very important to know what our guests thimk about yhe hotel centrale and if you find something to change or to modify please I want to have some suggestion from you.

Hope to have here again like our best guest/friend and have personally the possibility to give to you a little present.

have a nice sunday

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work .
I booked on internet. Expensive for the rooms. Staff not friendly. Only receptionist ok. If you went for breakfast after 9:00 the staff was angry. They have restaurantand it is noisy at night from it. If i go to Cernobbio again I look for another hotel with more facilities, service and not angry staff.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Albergo Centrale is the happening spot in Cernobbio. In their restaurant, you will find hotel guests and all the local neighbors celebrating, dating and enjoying. We were staying at the hotel across the street when we landed at the restaurant and moved to the hotel. It's clean, easy and fun. Location is excellent for walking 6 minutes to the Ferry or easy bus or taxi to Como.

It is small and quiet in Cernobbio with terrific shopping and wonderful restaurants. You will find it very quiet if you are coming from a big city. The one way traffic through the town makes it even more different from the push of the other cities.

Room Tip: I prefer the back side of the hotel so as not to hear the restaurant during the summer.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your marvelous review, I'm happy that you found a place, and in particular the persons who work inside the ALBERGO CENTRALE, that feel you the atmosphere and the happiness of our guests, here you can enjoy your stay in Cernobbio. Hope to see you again here and welcoming you like we usualy do......like a friend.

Take care

Yarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

A great base for visiting the sites on Lake Como.An easy walk to the ferry stop.The hotel restaurant had a lively atmosphere. Nice staff and reasonable prices.
We thought Cernobbio was a good touring base- not as busy as Como itself, but within easy reach of the city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you dear Guest, our intent it's to make feel the guests who stay in our hotel like at home, with a friendly staff and an informal atmosphere and at the same time have a good quality of the service and a good food in our restaurant. As you have told the albergo Centrale is a perfect place were stay a couple of day and visit our Lake.

In the hope to see you again, i thank you again to made your review, because it's very important to know what people think about us and in case made some improvement

Take care

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Went to bologna last week! Stayed here and had a great time in Bologna, a truly wonderful city. A nice breakfast and the hotel is right next to san nettuno piazza, which has a great hustle bustle to it. If you take a right and a left from the hotel you get to independence road, and from there, I recommend going to Zamboni, studentville. Great city and a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor and a room with a view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
dear guest thank you to made your review but I think to do it at the wrong hotel, we are in Cernobbio not in Bologna.

thank you again and hope to see you in your next holidays
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cernobbio
Villa d'Este
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Grand Hotel Imperiale
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio
Sheraton Lake Como Hotel

Been to Hotel Centrale? Share your experiences!