“Awsome place in Tuscany”

Agriturismo La Pietriccia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Budapest, Hungary
“Awsome place in Tuscany”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

How can i start to describe this wonderful place?
Very relaxing, clean, comfortable and beautiful rooms, and a view to Chianciano which ramains in your mind for ever.
Family friendly with lovely italian owner, who really passionate about his job and also his hobby. He is always searching for the way to show you some special drink ( VinSanto, home made liquores, wines) , home made, organic food from The farm, where you can feel so close the nature, you can meet with local specialities... all of these ingredients made this place and my stay so amazing. It's good to have a car, to be able to move around bus bus station is also available by 10 minutes walk. I suggest this place to everybody who wants to know S.Tuscany in a detailed way, interact with locals and relaxing on terrace with a great wine. I have to mention too, they have a pony xD and a swimming pool too. :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AgnelARK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would encourage readers of reviews of this wonderful agriturismo to disregard the one negative review, and concentrate on all the other very positive comments from other reviewers. That being said, I had the pleasure of participating in a G Adventures Local Living trip in April where we stayed for 5 days at La Pietriccia and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful location, the amazing food, and the exuberant personality of our host Stefano, whose passion for the Slow Food movement, locally-grown, simple ingredients of the best quality and the land itself was informative and infectious. Thank you, Stefano, Serena and your staff for your great hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Three word can easily sum up our experience at La Pietriccia - amazing, amazing and amazing.

We stayed with a G Adventure local living tour and I really cannot say enough about this wonderful place. Spectacular views, comfortable and clean rooms. Efficient and friendly staff. And the food. A foodie's dream come true. Each night we were treated to a 4 course meal. Stefano, the resident chef (and comedian) is truly passionate about his art and eager to share his knowledge. I was the lone celiac in the group but we also had a vegetarian. Stefano catered to our needs and we never felt left out. He either adapted the food (gluten free gnocchi anyone?) or provided a delicious substitute. Stefano inspired me to eat and cook in a better way. Yes, I reproduced his argula pesto and gnocchi last evening. His excellent guidance allows me to say it was delicious. Thank you Stafano, family and staff for a truly remarkable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This review is based not on the property itself, but on the way the host treats his guests.

What happenned was: I arrived at the place at 11pm and an employee informed me that the room I had booked was taken by someone else, so he called the owner and handed me the phone. Before I even said anything, this person - Stefano, I believe - starts complaining in a terrible tone that ˜it's 11 pm, you can't arrive at this time, if you want to arrive at this time, go to a 5 star hotel! This is a farm!"- basicly kicking me out of the place. So I am the one without a room at 11pm after a tiring day and he is the one mad about it. Then he said that the website warned that I could only arrive until 7pm, and when I didn`t he passed the room along.

Well, although I should have read all the rules, I had booked the room a month earlier, together with 12 other places in different cities, so it was difficult for me to keep track. Either way, the manner this guy handled the situation was completely absurd. First, because he was EXTREMELY RUDE for no reason. Note that I never demanded the room or anything else, I never even asked his employee to call him. I simply showed up for a room I had booked. Personally I think the right way for a host to deal with this would be to apologize for the situation, and offer some kind of help (recommend a hotel nearby, for instance). If he really does not care about the guests, then he could just remain neutral and say there was nothing he could do. But the owner was acting as if somehow showing up late was a terribly offensive thing to do (!).

On another note, I must say that I have stayed in small b&b's, farms and even privately owned appartments through out my whole trip (and in others before that) and NEVER have I come accross such a bizarre policy for late arrivals. If the owners don't stay until late in the property, they usually just leave a key in an envelop or if they have really strict policies, they send an email the day before the arrival to confirm the time and make sure that there are no problems. They don`t just pass the room along without in anyway contacting the guests that booked previously.

In short, I would definitly avoid this place - if the owner mishandled this situation so badly, I have no reason to think he would do better in others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LuizaHorta
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice Agriturismo on the outskirts of Chianciano. Stefano, the owner, is a character, an amazing cook and an outstanding host. You won't need to dine out because the food is excellent. Make sure you ask for a fiorentina steak, well worth the extra! Highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Agriturismo La Pietriccia was one of the quite and finest and magnificent experienced I travel with GAdventure last October and I can said I want to come back by my own the food the wine the service was excellent there no complaint about it. If you love the country side this is the place to be, very very, very local living. Stephano and family will make you feel most than welcome. I no one has ever been in Italy I will recommend to star here in Tuscany, stay in La Pietriccia and feel the difference.
Stephano THANK YOU!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Provi M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A beautiful, picturesque location with fantastic views - but I think what makes this place the most special are the people. The staff are friendly, helpful and fun - it's very relaxed. Stefano's dedication and passion to food and how people can best experience and enjoy it is an experience not to be missed.
The food itself was wonderful, most of it local. Watching the freshly found truffles being shaved in big, thin slices onto my heavenly plate of risotto was a real treat.
My only regret was not getting a tour of the farm! The rooms were always extremely clean and well kept, and I especially appreciated the great, hot showers after a long day of biking in the Tuscan hills. I hope to be back - and I would recommend this to all who enjoy people, food and beauty!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Agriturismo Fonteleccino
#3 of 24 in Chianciano Terme
Agriturismo la Corte Del Cavalierino
Agriturismo Castello di Spedaletto

Been to Agriturismo La Pietriccia? Share your experiences!