“Cooking lesson with Stefano”

Agriturismo La Pietriccia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Vancouver, Canada
“Cooking lesson with Stefano”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited this hotel during a tour of Italy to have a cooking lesson with Stefano. It was a wonderful experience and, best of all, we had lunch with the results of our lesson. Stefano is a great host and truly loves his agriturismo and slow cooking. While we didn't stay overnight in the hotel, the grounds were lovely and the staff were cheerful and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Drumheller, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

From the moment my family walked onto the property we were welcomed like family. The picturesque view from all corners of the property, the amazing four course meals that Stefano created from his own garden and farm, the wine was delicious, the staff so friendly and eager to help. I have never felt so welcomed or honored to stay at La Pietriccia. I can't wait to go back and experience everything all over again. With the town a short walk down the road and all the amazing flowers that were in bloom I fell in love with the people, architect, the history, the view and the food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
L'Aquila, Italy
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I keep coming over and over at this place which is for the visitors the quintessential of a holiday in Tuscany. All food products, from the succulent chianina meat to the traditional tuscan pici,are locally produced and put together by Stefano's experienced hands.
The agriturismo itself lays on a gentle slope surronded by vinards and olive trees. I look forward to come here again and again.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank mario_spring
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stefano, his family, and staff, made my stay with them so enjoyable, the food was a delight Stefano slow cooked onions with Balsamic vinegar where to die for, homemade pasta, well I could go on... you have got to go and try. My room was very clean and modern, with hair dryer, lighted mirror in the bathroom and fluffy towels. The views from the house are Tuscany at its best. Stefano feels passionate about his food and goes the extra mile , and ask him about Olive oil, I will know what to buy in future. There is a local museum that is very good, open air spa and market and of course the wine tasting in the village. I would love to go back again. Thank you all for making my stay so enjoyable, I will be back, if only to take a swim in there pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

How can i start to describe this wonderful place?
Very relaxing, clean, comfortable and beautiful rooms, and a view to Chianciano which ramains in your mind for ever.
Family friendly with lovely italian owner, who really passionate about his job and also his hobby. He is always searching for the way to show you some special drink ( VinSanto, home made liquores, wines) , home made, organic food from The farm, where you can feel so close the nature, you can meet with local specialities... all of these ingredients made this place and my stay so amazing. It's good to have a car, to be able to move around bus bus station is also available by 10 minutes walk. I suggest this place to everybody who wants to know S.Tuscany in a detailed way, interact with locals and relaxing on terrace with a great wine. I have to mention too, they have a pony xD and a swimming pool too. :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AgnelARK
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would encourage readers of reviews of this wonderful agriturismo to disregard the one negative review, and concentrate on all the other very positive comments from other reviewers. That being said, I had the pleasure of participating in a G Adventures Local Living trip in April where we stayed for 5 days at La Pietriccia and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful location, the amazing food, and the exuberant personality of our host Stefano, whose passion for the Slow Food movement, locally-grown, simple ingredients of the best quality and the land itself was informative and infectious. Thank you, Stefano, Serena and your staff for your great hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Three word can easily sum up our experience at La Pietriccia - amazing, amazing and amazing.

We stayed with a G Adventure local living tour and I really cannot say enough about this wonderful place. Spectacular views, comfortable and clean rooms. Efficient and friendly staff. And the food. A foodie's dream come true. Each night we were treated to a 4 course meal. Stefano, the resident chef (and comedian) is truly passionate about his art and eager to share his knowledge. I was the lone celiac in the group but we also had a vegetarian. Stefano catered to our needs and we never felt left out. He either adapted the food (gluten free gnocchi anyone?) or provided a delicious substitute. Stefano inspired me to eat and cook in a better way. Yes, I reproduced his argula pesto and gnocchi last evening. His excellent guidance allows me to say it was delicious. Thank you Stafano, family and staff for a truly remarkable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 24 in Chianciano Terme
Podere Spedalone
Podere Spedalone
#1 of 63 in Pienza

Been to Agriturismo La Pietriccia? Share your experiences!