“Nice place but food is a bit too elaborated”
Review of Da Felice

Da Felice
Ranked #12 of 165 Restaurants in Chiavari
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice restaurant, with great service and atmosphere. Menu is quite intriguing, with several local fish to satisfy different palates. But a lot of additional flavor stems to overcome what should be a simpler food. My four seafood "crudo" (raw) looked great, but the flavor was just OK. Did not try the pastas, but people at my table enjoyed them. So, it might be worth a visit to see these new inventions. And come back if you like the genre. I am not sure it is mine.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The place is very nice, I went there at least 5 times last year and I always had the best Genovese pesto. They change often the menu so you don't get bored. You have laso a very clean view of the kitchen. Really excellent.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Exploring the Italian Riviera we greatly like the village of Chiavari which is relatively unspoilt by tourism and appears to be inhabited in large parts by Ligurian people. On recommendation by our hosts we chose to eat at da Felice which is situated at the coast. After admiring a spectacular sunset that set the sky ablaze with blue sky and orange cloudswe settled for dinner. Having been a little early, 1930, we were the first customers. Later the restaurant filled up a bit more though. Starter for me was an excellent dish of fresh ceps and calamari which worked very well indeed. My wife took a starter of filled very small calamari which was fine but not overwhelming. As a main we had a whole fish, prepared the traditional ligurian way with potatoes and pine nuts. It was very flavoursome and very well prepared. All was accompanied by a very simple mezzo litro of local ligurian white wine which was ok but perhaps it would have been better to opt for one of the full bottles of slightly higher quality wine. In summary, an excellent place, friendly service, very reasonably priced and excellent food. If we have the opportuntiy, we will certainly come back.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Italia is one of the best places in the planet to eat. There is no need to go to a restaurant in that country to try a French experience . The components of the great Cucina Italiana means to me quality and quantity.
This restaurant is good, fancy but the portions are too little .
I'm chef myself and I went to Italians cooking schools to learn how to cook and serve Italian food.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Don't be fooled by the austere facade by the beach, because behind the door you find a cozy restaurant and food to die for. We dined here with local friends and all of us were thrilled by the quality of food and the relaxed atmosphere. All dishes were beautifully art directed in a simple and appetizing way. Our primi - mine was ravioli with anchovies - were great and the fish that followed was amazingly fresh and delicious. Desserts were perfect too. My husband had 4 kinds of sorbet - and neither of us have ever tasted more intense flavors than those served that night. Prices were most reasonable and we would come back any time.