Hotel Rosati
  • Restaurant
Il Patriarca(Chiusi)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We found this place by chance a few years ago going out from the highway at Chianciano/Chiusi, and we decided to stay here as a base for a tour in Toscana, considering it is less than an hour to Siena and Arezzo and very near to Pienza, Montepulciano, San Quirico d'Orcia, Buonconvento and it's also very near to Umbria - Città della Pieve and Castiglione del Lago. The hotel is less than 100m from the exit and is near a shopping centre - which might be useful, especially for families with young children.
The service is excellent, in a very peaceful atmosphere, decorated with antiques. The rooms are simple but very clean. The bathrooms are old, maybe some maintenance wouldn't harm, but they are spotless. We stayed on half-board basis and the food was divine with marvellous home made wine. The breakfast is also very varied. A plus, which is unique or at least very rare in Italy is the homemade food that they prepare for celiacs (gluten free). Not only for lunch and dinner but also for breakfast. Also the food for celiacs was really good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sammut79
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I arranged an Italian adventure for my Daughter as a college graduation gift. I also sent my mother with her. They stayed at Hotel Rosati which I booked via trip advisor. Great Choice! My daughter is a huge Twilight fan and the owners not only picked my family up from the train depot they carried them to Montepulciano the next day! My mother absolutely loved the decor and the friendliness of the staff and owners. Thank you for making that portion of the trip memorable and enjoyable for them. Next time I travel through Ciusi, I will definitely stop in! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank chuckoh
Reviewed 15 April 2010

This spot has it all - convenience of being right off the autostrada in the heart of Tuscany, delightful owners, cozy public living rooms with huge fireplaces and comfortable furniture to relax on after a long day of sightseeing, a fabulous ristorante with gorgeous linens, tableware, decorations/collections and oh, did I mention great food? Ideal to stay at 3+ days and tour cities and charming small towns and wineries and ceramic shops and return "home" each night.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradandtrish1
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We were searching for a night or two's stay, while we visited Rome. What we found was a wonderful jewel not far off the highway. Our room was very nice, the restaurant was excellent and the whole hotel was just fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Hotel Rosati is an unexpected jewel. The hotel is ultra conveniently located, right off the autostrada exit, with quiet rooms and a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. The owners greet you themselves at reception and will do anything humanly possible to make your stay comfortable. If you need anything at all, just ask! From the surroundings it is obvious they are reinvesting back into the hotel and it really shows. The rooms are decorated with pieces from the 40's and 50's and they boast a stunning restaurant, something I was unprepared for; Nonna Rosa. I will review that separately, but please do not miss out on a meal here, we realized how easy it was to stay there for dinner and cocktails. Not to be missed are the gardens during the right season, they have purchased lovely patio furniture and mamma takes care of the flowers and greenery outside. Their location lends this hotel as the ultimate choice, allowing one the opportunity to travel to Perugia, Orvieto, Siena and such as a bicycle wheel, with all the spokes coming back to Chiusi. Check out their website and map if you do not believe me.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple