Hotel Borgo del Mare
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunbay Park Hotel(Civitavecchia)
View Hotel
Hotel De La Ville(Civitavecchia)
Hotel Mediterraneo(Civitavecchia)
Hotel San Giorgio(Civitavecchia)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Traiano(Civitavecchia)
Hotel Traghetto(Civitavecchia)
View Hotel
Hotel Cavalluccio Marino(Santa Marinella)
  • Pool
Hotel Le Najadi(Santa Marinella)
View Hotel
All reviewsrome airportone nightpre cruisecruise shipaverage sizefamily run hotelreturn transferfree shuttleprivate transfer servicesmall friendly hotellovely family runboutique style hoteltiramisudowntown areanext morningrooms are smallrecommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I recently took a cruise leaving from Civitavecchia and had decided in advance to arrive a day early. After reading several reviews I opted to stay at the Borgo del Mare and it was the BEST decision and set the tone for what turned out to be a fabulous vacation. The driver from the hotel was at the airport upon arrival and was very helpful with luggage. The hotel itself is a short distance from the "downtown" area, but that was a plus to me. No traffic, the ocean was a short 2 blocks away, and the hotel itself is outstanding. Rooms were not ready and we were offered cappucinos on the outside porch. Rooms are spotlessly clean, the bedding was very comfortable, and I wish I had a bathroom that was that nice at home. Dinner is offered in the hotel restaurant and I would highly recommend eating there. The menu has a great variety, the wine was excellent, and the service was perfect. Breakfast in the morning = sublime. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the pier which was very handy. Although I was really looking forward to my cruise, I was sad to leave the wonderful people at the Borgo del Mare and will ALWAYS stay there whenever I depart on a cruise out of Rome.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelLoverBoston
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is a fairly small, but quite comfortable hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We travelled with a 1 year old, and they made us feel welcome even when things were not going smoothly! The rooms were clean, and although I wouldn't call them spacious, they certainly weren't too small. This hotel has a prime location, with a small supermarket located just 15 minutes away. It is also close to a fantastic pizza place that is open late, and seems to be the hot place to hang out in town!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed two days before our cruise at Hotel Borgo del Mare. The rooms are nice, great bathrooms. Breakfast is included with rate. Nice selection of foods including scrambled eggs.
Lovely restaruant in the evening for dinner. Great seafood, and pasta. Located a block from the sea in a residential area, very quiet. Long walk to the center of town.
The service was outstanding!! Hotel has transportation from airport for a fee, which we used. They have free transportation from hotel to ship. We also emailed manager to hire a driver for a day to Orvieto, other hill town and Italian lunch. The manager arranged this wonderful day for the six of us.
It was a great place to stay if you don't want to go into Rome before or after a cruise.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This was our choice for 1 night before we embarked on a cruise. The hotel was nicely furnished and the room was comfortable with lovely curtains and bedspreads. The breakfast provided has a variety of choices. The wifi was very quick.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Six members of my family including myself stayed at the Hotel Borgo Del Mare a short time ago, we were on the way to board a ship for a cruise, and we looked at the net for a hotel that would suit our needs. After checking out many hotels we chose the Borgo, I have to say that was the best decision we have made in a long time. Several of our family members are unwell so we decided to ask the hotel to pick us up from the airport in Rome take us to the hotel and when appropriate take us to the ship, and after the cruise take us back up to our Rome hotel. This whole program worked so well within twenty minute we were on our way to Civitavecchia (the port) and the Hotel Borgo, with a lovely friendly driver. And the same thing happened at the end of the cruise the car was there waiting to help with luggage and us, right to our hotel lobby in Rome, it was absolutely seamless, this was a real concern for us as we were planning the trip, because of the health issues. The good luck continued at the family hotel the owner manager and his family could not do enough for us, the rooms were lovely spotless and nicely decorated, it was in a good location. We thought of going into the village for our evenings meal the first night, but decided after a 30 hour flight we would eat in, we were so glad we did the food was absolutely delicious and the breakfast was the most comprehensive I have every seen, the yummy food was cooked by Gianni the owners father and other family members. We have travelled a lot and stayed in many hotels but never felt the desire to comment on one before. We were only there ten minutes when we felt at home and truly welcome. This is a small family hotel, so if that is what you are looking for then you will not be disappointed, we would not consider staying anywhere else, why would we when we maybe by just a flick of the computer key found the best namely HOTEL Brogo Del Mare .

Anne and Brian Mature couple and family, Australia 2011