“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Civitavecchia
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

It's soo much negative to write,that simply I would not ever come back to this hotel. Service was the most I didn't like! Room deluxe was ok,but very dark.. It was said that I can use a pool,when I got there,they asked me for a ticket from the hotel..when I kindly asked to open bottle of wine for me they asked for 7 euros...a lot of small disappointing things,and no one helped with heavy luggage to go up the stairs!(

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Olgasiney
EleonoraPalomba, Direttore at Hotel San Giorgio, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Olgasiney,

thank you for choosing Hotel San Giorgio for your stay in Civitavecchia. We are sorry you did not fully enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and regarding your review we would like to inform all the guest that the Hotel San Giorgio has an agreement with an indoor pool and in order to get the free ticket entrance during the week (Monday to Friday) and you should ask for the free pass at the reception desk.

Hotel San Giorgio has a restaurant and a bar at the inside and it is standard Hotels attitude to ask for a cork fee for opening a bottle that was not purchased in our Hotel, and this happen also in the Ship during the cruise.

We would like to inform also all the guest that after the entrance of the door of the Hotel there is an elevator at the right side of the Hotel in order to do not carry the luggage and we invite the Guest to leave the bags downstairs and go to the front desk in order to request help.

Arrivederci

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

All staff are very friendly, polite, helpful and professional. Incredible service. Tasty food as well. Would stay here again anytime. Thank you Damieta, waiter at the restaurant, her leg was sore you can see she must have in pain but still delivered great service with a beautiful smile. Delicious food, at dinner perfect pasta and delicious, moist chocolate cake, kudos to the chef.
Thank you Mette, the supervisor that made all of this possible!
5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ thank you!
Herman Oosthuizen

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Herman O
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just disembarked from RSS Mariner on Nov 10, 2013 for overnight stay to join HAL Prinsendam the next day for return to US. The Receptionist was so kind to give us #202 for early check-in. Nice view of the ocean and promenade. Hotel is conveniently located to center of town and very close to the cruise terminal. Used the pre-arranged hotel shuttle from and to this terminal. Otherwise, taxis are available at the cruise terminal. Room is clean and basic. TV in the room is available by subscription to Sky TV. Tried to use the internet in the lobby but unfortunately, it was in Italian. B'fast was included in the room rate. Would use this hotel again the next time in Civitavecchia.

Room Tip: Be sure to request for ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank erict4079
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel business is shady to say the least. They charged me 3 times on my credit card for 1 room which I did not even get to stay in due to plumbing problems. Manager said everything was taken care since I already paid twice in advance then he sent me to another hotel and charged my credit card again. This time higher than I originally paid. They said I made two reservations with them and did not cancel one. If that's the case that's fine but why then the third charge for additional 167.00. I called Expedia and they contacted the so called Manager Ambria and he said he would not refund any of the charges. This is outrageous. I would not recommend this Hotel to my worst enemy. Now, I am expecting a very nasty email back from them as they always do with negative reviews with a bunch of lies. Read some of the other negative reviews. There is a history here. Beware! I would give it zero stars if I could.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
12 Thank singletraveler913
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Booked and paid a month in advance for a pre-cruise overnight. Arrived to the old story of "12 rooms have plumbing problems". Even if the story was true, and I don't believe that for a second, we were treated badly. We were given a choice of
1) being on our own and getting a refund
2) agreeing (in writing!) to a move down the street to a "same quality hotel".
We were moved to the Hotel de Ville which does have 4 stars, but doesn't deserve them. Could have booked the room in the Hotel de Ville for one half the price of San Giorgio, but no refund. Blah, blah, blah, special this and that, but NO refund.

Can not recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank BobbieMac421
EleonoraPalomba, Direttore at Hotel San Giorgio, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Mr BobbieMac421,

We do not agree at all about your version. At your check in our front desk operator advised you that we had this problem and we gave you the option between a full refund of the total admount of your reservation or to move into another 4 star Hotel to compensate this inconvenience
we offered you shuttle service from the Hotel to the Cruise Terminal and the opportunity to have the breakfast in our Hotel and you choose the second option with the free services offred by the hotel.
After the check in at the Hotel De La Ville, you moved to the Hotel San Giorgio because you was not satisfied with the room and you met the Vice Manager of the Hotel in order to solve the problem and he explained that there was 2 different option that was explained to you at the check in and that these two options offered can’t be combinated together for these reason we can not accept his request
We would like also to point that during the conversations you advise us that in case of no refund you will go immediately on internet and leave a bad review
Furthermore at the end of the talking with our Vice Manager, he told you to come back to the Hotel in the morning of your departure in order to see that it was possible to obtain a refund after talking with the property of the Hotel, but you had already leaved the review before coming to the Hotel for any possible update.
Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have stayed in Civitavecchia before & this time chose to stay at the Hotel San Giorgio. I booked a room about 12 months in advance & friends travelling with us booked a further 2 rooms months later. When we arrived to check in, our friends rooms had been reserved but for some reason our room which had been booked first did not show up on their system, even though I had the confirmed & paid for paperwork in my hands. After searching for a while the man & woman behind the desk discovered that someone from the hotel's end had entered our booking for the wrong year. My wife & I travel often & do realise that, hey people are human & mistakes do happen! To the credit of the staff involved at check in, they realised that this was not our mistake & although the hotel was fully booked they upgraded us into a Junior suite. They were very sorry the mishap had happened & we were more than happy with the outcome.
The suite itself was very nice with some great French style doors that opened onto a balcony with a great view. Breakfast was lovely up on the top floor & service from all staff encountered was friendly & polite. The hotel has possibly the best location in town being across from the water & minutes walk to the Port entrance if boarding a cruise.

Room Tip: The suite we were in had a mezzanine floor where the bed was located. The bathroom was downstairs &a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for one night recently pre cruise in a junior suite with terrace overlooking the sea.
I didn't use their transfers from Rome, having opted to use Rome Cabs who were excellent.
I did however book the hotel transfer to the ship which in all fairness was again excellent but as it was only a very short transfer l thought the fee of 29 euro a tad expensive.
I was very warmly greeted upon arrival and check in was quick. The hotel was very quiet and once l had checked in l was shown to the elevator...my two cases put in and l was told to press one for the first floor....and left alone. Now l do not like elevators but had no option but to get in and hope for the best! My suite was right by the elevator so l was very quickly in. The suite was basic and l do agree with a previous poster that the staircase up to the bedroom was a bit wobbly! All that was upstairs was a bed albeit very comfortable. Downstairs was a bathroom and a small lounge area which lead onto a terrace overlooking the sea. As l was travelling solo and didn't wish to venture out l wandered down to the bar area to get a drink and also to enquire about dining. Staff were very quickly summoned to assist me and l enjoyed a glass of wine followed by a very acceptable dinner in the smoking area of the dining room. The dining room is in two parts, smoking and non smoking.....and very well separated in my opinion. The rest of the hotel is non smoking apart from the terrace area outside which due to the weather was not offering outside facilities on the night l was there.
Retiring for the evening l found that l couldn't over lock my suite which was a worry as l was sleeping upstairs so l placed a chair behind the door to give me peace of mind and all was well.
Breakfast the next morning was very good with a wide choice of fruit, cereals, Italian meats and cheeses, more than adequate.
Having dined in house the night before l was permitted to stay in my room until l departed at noon and there was a porter on hand to assist with my luggage. The shuttle to the ship was very good and deposited me right next to the boarding gate.
A four star hotel it is not, but l would stay there again if cruising out of Rome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo